C320wS keeps going offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 09:11:44
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Tapo c320ws installed on my window it's not actually outside , it's wired with  the internet connection  via an Ethernet cable  I don't use the night color vision as We don't  need that so it's  on day mode as our lights are Bright enough in the evening but it's keep randomly going offline throughout the day and night  , we've rebooted it ,  removed it tried WiFi connecting it everything and it's till going offline a few tiles a day and also in the evening for a few hours , it's all up to date hardware, firmware ect so any advice would be great , thank you 

Options
3 Reply
Re:C320wS keeps going offline
2022-08-24 01:08:26 - last edited 2022-08-29 06:32:35

Hello   @Tapoguy2022 

To help isolate the issue, you could try a shorter Ethernet cable between camera and router and test for 1-2 days. 

Make sure router <Ethernet> PC, PC have stable internet connection from the same Ethernet cable. 

If still the same, can you help confirm some case details to help look into the issue further

1. May I know how about the led status on the camera when problem occurs? How often it goes offline via Ethernet
  2. Please help collect the camera log file here and share the log file with us
  3. when did you purchase the camera, and when did the problem start? 
  4. The model of router, and network topology.e.g. ISP--Router model Archer C7<Ethernet > C320WS

Please help get the camera log and share the log file with us. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

If anyone uses Wireless connection and camera keeps goes offline, kindly try some tipp here For Wifi connection: What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Options
2022-08-28 18:28:18 - last edited 2022-08-28 18:29:19

I have exactly the same issue. Mine is also connected via eth. cable 20m long, gets voltage via 2 color pairs from the same cable. Needs to be rebooted via power supply each day atleast once. Goes offline often.

Options
2022-08-29 06:35:14

Hello   @Stoyanov 

To isolate the issue, you could use the original power adapter and see if the camera could work stably.

From some user feedback, the camera may not get adequate power and cause a problem if you use a very extended or long power cable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1019

Replies: 3

Related Articles