C110 alarm goes off by itself every day at midnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-28 07:45:22
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

Hello TP-link support,

the alarm on my camera Tapo C110 HW version 1.0 firmware v1.1.18 goes off by itself every day at midnight straight, it takes always 30s. The camera alarm is off in its settings, I've got motion and AI detection on. However there is nothing happening in the monitored area at midnight at all. I've got continuous recording on. I've also turned the diagnostic on, unfortunately the log stored on my SD card does not reveal anything to me at first glance as I don't have a technical specification of the camera software. I've also restored the camera to its factory settings, but nothing has helped so far.

Could you please advice how to solve this situation and turn the alarm off completely?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Kamil

Options
4 Reply
Re:C110 alarm goes off by itself every day at midnight
2022-08-29 02:15:55 - last edited 2022-09-05 08:31:26

Update: 

if any user experience similar issue, please start a new thread and attach a video clip of the Alarm sound in the new thread, thank you. 

Hello 

Alarm shouldn't goes off if you set the Alarm OFF for the camera Tapo APP ->below camera  Live view page-> Alarm> toggle it OFF, and it should show ' Alarm off' 

It is recommended to double if you've turned off Alarm in both Home /Away mode.

• Double-check the Home/ Away  settings and see if the Alarm is ON in Home or Away Mode?
  • Ensure device firmware & Tapo APP are both up to date
  • Please also enable Two-factor authentication for your account 

If still the same, please share a photo of Alarm settings when Alarm goes off and the local time when the Alarm goes off.

Please also share the camera log file here with us, and we'd like to escalate your case. Please let us know the MAC address of Camara via private message. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

Options
2022-08-29 06:22:54

Hello @Solla-topee,

the alarm is off in the camera settings, also in both Home and Away modes. As I mentioned in my original post, the alarm goes off every day exactly at midnight, so daily at 00:00, my timezone is CE(S)T.

My iOS Tapo application have always been up to date, same for the firmware in the camera.

Since the MAC address is shown in the diagnostic log, I'll provide you with the log and the MAC address via a private message. I'll try to somehow take a screenshot from the app at midnight, but that might be tricky for me due to the time of the day when the issue happens :)

Thank you.

Options
2022-08-29 07:29:28 - last edited 2022-09-05 08:11:59

Hi 

Thank you for sharing more case details, please enable Two-factor authentication for your account.

We created a support email TKID220835032 for your case and may escalate your case, please check your email inbox. 

You could share the MAC & log of camera, screenshot of setting through email with us. 

Options
2022-09-05 08:15:53 - last edited 2022-09-05 08:28:31

@kamil_n Glad to know the behavior has stopped based on the conversation on support email. 

From the video you shared, there was a  'Didi, Didi sound',   in my opinion, that seems to be the sound of an Alarm clock (from a real clock) instead of the Camera Alarm sound

You may check if there is any clock in that place and turn off the Alarm on that clock or do you have any clock in the car that will report Alarm at 00:00? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 865

Replies: 4

Related Articles