C100 and C110 time keeps reverting when connected to an NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 07:55:07 - last edited 2023-07-19 20:59:11
Tags: #ONVIF/RTSP #NVR
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21
  • Same issue as https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/260166. On screen timestamp jumps forward an hour when these two cameras are connected to my NVR
  • The NVR has an option to sync time to these two cameras.  Enabled or disabled, the Tapo cameras still jump ahead by an hour
  • Note, UK is currently in DST i.e summer time so clocks are out an hour from UTC i.e. UTC0 is 8am, DST is 9am, Tapo shows 10am
  • Other cameras (from the same manufacture as NVR) sync time correctly
  • If I disconnect the Tapo cameras from the NVR, and set it to UTC0, the camera stays on correct time including DST
  • So some interaction between NVR and Tapo
  • Unlike in that thread I linked, I cannot block udp on my router so can't test that option

So what's going on?  Is it the NVR incorrectly updating the time but just for Tapo?  Is Tapo camera adding an extra hour to account for DST?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C100 and C110 time keeps reverting when connected to an NVR-Solution
2023-05-04 11:49:40 - last edited 2023-07-19 20:59:11

@Cyrax.NET 

Hi,

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:C100 and C110 time keeps reverting when connected to an NVR
2022-09-02 02:03:48 - last edited 2022-09-02 02:11:29

Hello   @Cyrax.NET 

Thank you for the feedback.

In my opinion, the  the NVR should not affect the time of camera when NVR time-sync is disabled.

As the camera time is ahead of normal time due to NVR, please confirm the NVR software version is up-to-date

You could reach NVR support and see if there is an option to completely turn off the time-sync, or they have any known issue or more suggestions with the situation.

If still the same, may I know the model of your NVR and its software version? Can you share photos showing the jumping-forward time and your correct local time. 

Please try to  enable diagnose mode for the camera and help collect the camera log and share the log file here: How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera. Thanks in advanced for help confirming case details. 

Options
2023-04-26 20:27:52

@Solla-topee thanks for unlocking this now older thread.  I happen to be visiting the location where I originally reported the issue, and had time this weekend to investigate while the UK is in DST.

At first, I thought with new firmware updates, on both the NVR and Tapo devices, that all was fine.  However, not long after I spotted the time on the C100 was once again an hour ahead of DST.  Interestingly, the C110 is fine now.  Given both cameras are on identical setup i.e. same router, network, NVR, etc. I can only differentiate by the camera unit being the root cause.  Note, I also tried again turning off time sync from NVR to both C100 and C110, but the issue persists with C100.

• At time of writing, firmware versions are, C100: 1.1.15, C110: 1.3.0
  • As requested attached are screen grabs, all taken within one minute, of the time on C100 (incorrect), C110 (correct) and local time in DST/BST
  • Finally, I did enable diagnosis mode on the C100 and the log captured the issue occuring.  I unfortunately need to get the file (saved on another computer) and post, but there wasn't an obvious failure I spotted.  There are references to time being updated on BusyBox.  Maybe you can make sense of it when I post back

Time:

C100:

C110:

Options
2023-04-27 10:11:18

@Cyrax.NET 

Hi,
Since the cameras' time is correct on the Tapo app, the problem may be on the NVR settings. May I have the pictures of each camera's Date and Time settings page on the NVR for further analysis?
And what's the model of your NVR and its software version?
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-27 20:22:19

@Solla-topee 

> Since the cameras' time is correct on the Tapo app, the problem may be on the NVR settings

But the time isn't correct in the Tapo app.  Can you see the photos I attached in my last post, which were taken from Tapo app. The C100 is 1 hour out, where as the C110 is correct.

> May I have the pictures of each camera's Date and Time settings page on the NVR for further analysis?

There isn't one.  There is one global setting on the NVR for specifying an NTP server (which is set), then there is an option per camera to sync with the NVR or not.  Currently time sync with C100 is off

> And what's the model of your NVR and its software version?

Hikvision 7608ni-i2, on latest firmware

Options
2023-04-28 09:29:25 - last edited 2023-04-28 10:58:43

@Cyrax.NET 

Hi,
Thanks for the clarification, I thought the pictures you posted are on the NVR. If the Tapo C100 has an incorrect time on the Tapo app>Live View page, please go to the Camera Settings>Time Zone page to check if the time zone is correct. You can compare with the Tapo C110's time zone and check if they use the same one. If not, correct the Tapo C100's time zone for a try.

If they have the same time zone but the time on the live view page is different, please let me know the model number and OS version of your phone, and the version of the Tapo app for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-28 21:19:41

Hey  @Solla-topee ,

> If they have the same time zone but the time on the live view page is different, please let me know the model number and OS version of your phone, and the version of the Tapo app for further analysis.

Yes, that is the case.  Time zone for both cameras is set to "UTC-00:00 London/Europe", but the time is different.  OS is android 11. Tapo app is 2.15.112.

To be clear, the timestamp is encoded into the camera live view stream.  It appears in the live view of the NVR also, so it cannot be my phone/tapo app that is adding incorrect time.

Options
Re:C100 and C110 time keeps reverting when connected to an NVR-Solution
2023-05-04 11:49:40 - last edited 2023-07-19 20:59:11

@Cyrax.NET 

Hi,

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-19 21:02:30

For anyone coming across this.

Tapo support were fantastic.  Worked through the solution after I provided logs from my camera.  They found an issue with the time synch implementation and my NVR, and pushed a beta firmware to my C100 which has since resolved the problem.

How this will make it into master i.e. production firmware is TBD, but for now my camera time is matching the C110 and the NVR.

Well done Tapo for great customer support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 8

Tags

Related Articles