Tapo C200 - Issues after FW upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 - Issues after FW upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 - Issues after FW upgrade
2022-09-27 10:05:06

@Talb Glad to know the problem now solved, thank you for sharing the update with the community here~

Options
2022-10-10 20:01:17

@Talb I had several cameras (C210) all working fine with RTSP and the TinyCAM App as I wanted streaming without the disconnection issues when not using the same network. All was fine until a recent firmware update. Now, the camera is detected and connected to the App but there are no RTSP streams being shown with a timeout message. The camera status page in the app shows the correct IP etc and that the camera is online. I have a suspicion that the new firmware disables RTSP if there is an SD card in the camera (I seem to remember that I had a message about video streams being affected if there was an SD card in use). Is this really true that having a memory card inserted as a standby recording method prevents RTSP now?

I posted this in another thread but it seems that the firmware I had previously worked fine.

Can I please have a method to downgrade the firmware in my cameras please to also resolve this issue? my cameras are at rev 1.1.21 build 220519 rel 24783n(4555)

Thank you.

Options
2022-10-11 13:52:35

@Solla-topee 

I had several cameras (C210) all working fine with RTSP and the TinyCAM App as I wanted streaming without the disconnection issues when not using the same network. All was fine until a recent firmware update. Now, the camera is detected and connected to the App but there are no RTSP streams being shown with a timeout message. The camera status page in the app shows the correct IP etc and that the camera is online. I have a suspicion that the new firmware disables RTSP if there is an SD card in the camera (I seem to remember that I had a message about video streams being affected if there was an SD card in use). Is this really true that having a memory card inserted as a standby recording method prevents RTSP now?

I posted this in another thread but it seems that the firmware I had previously worked fine.

Can I please have a method to downgrade the firmware in my cameras please to also resolve this issue? my cameras are at rev 1.1.21 build 220519 rel 24783n(4555)

Thank you

Options
2022-10-12 06:46:54 - last edited 2022-10-12 06:47:39

Hi   @Stewart 

Can you Start a New thread for your Tapo C210 camera with the case details like photos and we could like take a further look at.

If the RTSP streaming has been worked fine but suddenly stopped working, you could try a factory reset on the camera and setup RTSP stream again. 

Note: only run a ONVIF/ RTSP software at a time, not multiple rtsp requests at the same time. 

Options
Related Articles