Tapo C210 Camera moves to default position after power off and on
Tapo C210 Camera moves to default position after power off and on
2022-09-11 23:43:41 - last edited 2022-09-13 01:32:05
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Model: Tapo C210

Purchased on 10th September 2022

Whenever the camera restarts, it moves to its default position. Is there a way to automatically move to the last viewing position, because every time I have to move manually to last viewing position then what is the uses of this 360deg Cam.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 Camera moves to default position after power off and on
2022-09-13 01:31:46 - last edited 2022-09-13 01:32:05

Hello   @Mani.Official 

In current design, the camera will go to the default position after a reboot.

As the workaround, In Tapo APP you could setup a Mark Postion to set up a fixed view point for the camera.  

Mark Position: Tap to mark your current position, and then you can quickly rotate your camera to the marked direction with just a tap

Refer to Page 12 of UG here for more details. 

Thank you for the feedback I'd move your thread to Tapo Feature Request Board so users who have the same request could make a comment or vote for this feature. 

Options
2022-09-13 04:29:59

@Solla-topee anyway it won't go automatically to that mark position so every restart i have to move manually so we have to work as a camer to monitor your camera, incase night time restart happening duse to power off then morning only people will check and move to mark position manually incase any theft happened means it won't capture but this future is available in mi camera so need support and update from your end.

Thank you

Options
2022-10-27 15:16:54 - last edited 2022-10-27 15:17:45

@Mani.Official would also really appreciate a feature where it would be possible to select a default "mark"/position to which it would return to after an update or restart.

The current way where it just returns to a Center position is inconvenient

Options
2023-03-11 17:59:36

@Mani.Official 

Not sure if you are TP Link support (LV1?), but this topic is frankly over two years old including other areas here.   

TP-LINK needs to update their firmware to have it go to a Preset the user defines.  Even if you tell it to go to a defined Mark name (like if I named one of my Marked Positions as HOME).

Do something, please!!!!

I really like the daily resets option in case there are issues while I'm away, but that means I need it to reboot to a User Set position (like something we call HOME).

Is this going to happen (honestly?) Or has TP-Link abandoned further development on all these cameras I've bought?  Fortunately prices of competitors have come a long way, but I do really like the Tapos except for that very odd miss.

Let us know...

Options
RE:Tapo C210 Camera moves to default position after power off and on
2023-06-21 11:09:13
This option would be preferable after the restart as well as after motion tracking, to return to default position after few minutes. Also in case of predefined marks it would be great if camera could would have an option to move between marks from time to time.
Options
2023-06-21 11:12:33

@Solla-topee it would be great to have return to default position after restart and after a motion tracking.

One more thing. How many people manually use marks? It is not that handy. It would be great if there would be an option to move between marks automatically from time to time.

Options
2023-07-21 21:52:38

@Mani.Official Hello is there any workaround for this? Any possible solution? As it doesnt make any sense to have it manually placed everytime the electricity is off?

Options
RE:Tapo C210 Camera moves to default position after power off and on
2023-11-03 13:24:54
That function of the camera returning to a predetermined marker after X amount of time is the same thing that I have suggested for a long time, and if they put it in the application for all Tapo models they would gain sales. Why don't they want to move forward...???
Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 2655

Replies: 8

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters