How to retrieve files which were not deleted.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 17:00:20

Can I retrieve videos that have just disappeard from my phone. They have not been deleted as I needed them to prove to the police of the incidents that happened.  This has happened several times.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to retrieve files which were not deleted.
2022-09-13 01:59:43 - last edited 2022-09-13 02:04:09

Hello   @Jinty62 

Thank you for the feedback.  May I know do you have trouble finding the cloud recordings or SD card recording? 

May I know how did you find the recordings are disappeared, can you share some photos of Playback & time when the recordings are gone, and help collect the camera log and share the MAC address of particular camera.  Here are some other suggestions that you could give it a try. 

• Please confirm your Tapo APP and camera firmware are both up to date 
  • For SD card recordings ( if you have been enabled SD card recording on the camera ) you may check if the recordings are stored in the SD card.

You could put the SD card into a computer using a SD card adapter and see if the recordings were there 

How can I view 24-hour recordings of Tapo cameras in Tapo app?

Note to back up important file as the camera will ask to format the SD card after plug the SD card back in

• If it's cloud recordings with Tapo Care subscription, recordings can't be retrieved if been deleted or passed the 30 days, as the recording will not be stored in the cloud server anymore after 30 days.

Options
Re:How to retrieve files which were not deleted.
2022-09-19 09:57:59

Hello @Jinty62 

May I know were you able to solve find the recordings later? Feel free to let us know for any observation. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2686

Replies: 2

Related Articles