Kasa Plug HS110 logs wrong power consumption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 03:01:10
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

My Kasa Plug recorded that I have used 30,000+ kWh per day in that past 30 days!!! This is impossible, as it only plugs to a small heat fan with up to 1kW (normally consumes 500+ W while using), can anyone tell me what's wrong? Is there any fix to this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Plug HS110 logs wrong power consumption
2022-09-19 09:44:59

@Alarak 

Thank you for the photo, you could try some tips here for energy monitoring does not show correct value
1. factory reset plug : with plug powered on, press ' settings' (looks like a gear) for more than 5 secs ( skip this step if you have tried factory reset )
2. confirm there is home appliance connected to the plug 

3.  try a different wall socket
4. confirm  plug's firmware is  up-to-date  (kasa app -> settings-> firmware update) and also Kasa app is up-to-date 

If still the same, may I know how long do you have this smart plug, what home appliance and its wattage connected to this plug. In which country or aredid you purchase it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 1