"Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or microSD card recording, noth both"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 12:23:31
Model: Tapo C210   Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Tapo C210  hardware vers 1.0; firmware v1.1.21

Tapo C310 hardware vers 2.0; firmware v1.2.5

I'm reporting this for both my camera models.

Under the Camera Settings/Advanced Settings/Camera Account page (screenshot attached), there is this note that says "Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or microSD card recording, not both. At this point, the NVR recording will be disabled. To restart recording on the NVR, remove the microSD card from the camera."

My questions:
1) does this mean that if I were to set up the username and password and connect my tapo camera to an NVR, I must remove the microSD card in order for the NVR recording to work?

2) If I decided not to record to an NVR, how do I get my tapo camera to record to the microSD card again, assuming I have insert back the microSD card? Will the camera automatically stop recording to NVR and record to microSD card once the card is inserted?

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:"Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or microSD card recording, noth both"
2022-10-13 14:52:14

@MikeL17 

Q1: No, if you set up your NVR with the microSD in, it will only record to one. In my case it was the NVR, I had no control over this. You do not need to remove the microSD card in order for it to record to the NVR.

Q2: No, just mase sure the microSD card is inserted, and the option turned on in settings. If these are correct, it will automatically record to your microSD card.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 814

Replies: 1

Related Articles