Confirmation before turning off.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 13:39:19

When I click a device in the app, I often accidentally click the "turn off/ turn on" button.

I have servers that are connected to each plug.

When they are turned off lke that, the hardware could be broken.

• I would just like a confirmation
  • or just entirely remove the turn on/turn off button from the device overview.

It would be nice if this was configurable for a Tapo P110 device.

I use the Tapo P110 device mostly just to monitor energy consumption.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Confirmation before turning off.
2022-10-22 21:53:38

@deepz 

I sent it in as a feedback suggestion via the app

TKID221021708

I think the confirmation options you have described

and also here:

Feature Request for P110: confirm popup for manual ON/OFF - Smart Home Community (tp-link.com)

would be very helpful - within one week I've already accidentally switched off 2 things.

I think an additional option would be useful - for devices you would "never" normally want to switch off via the app  (e.g. a NAS, Desktop PC, WiFi router etc.)

This would allow you per-device of course to hide/disable the on/off button shown per device on the home screen and the big on/off button shown after clicking into a specific device.

On/Off functionality to be hidden away in the device settings menu

- and should also still prompt! ;-)

Options
Re:Confirmation before turning off.
2023-01-30 09:23:03 - last edited 2023-01-30 09:23:48

@deepz 

Love my P110 energy monitor plugs - but have one on our large American style fridge. Have asked Google Hub to turn off the lights and it turned off 4 plugs, including the fridge. Luckily I noticed immediately. 

It would be great to have a LOCK facility on the Tapo App - to be able to lock certain items to be always on, so it was just using the Energy Monitor function on those sockets. Really shouldn't be hard to implement in software. A notification if they did go off would also be useful. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 12

Views: 510

Replies: 2