Feature Request for P110: confirm popup for manual ON/OFF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-02 08:33:23
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I think a nice feature could be to implement a confirm popup when turning ON or OFF the smart plug.

This could be linked with a setting in the options called something like "Confirm turning ON or OFF the device". 

So if the option is off the smart plug should behave like normally, turns ON or OFF with a touch; if the option is on the app. should ask to continue with the action with a simple "YES/NO" popup.

This will be useful when plugging the smart plug on a critical appliance so not to turn it off (or on) by accident.

Thank you and Best Regard,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Feature Request for P110: confirm popup for manual ON/OFF
2022-10-08 18:54:26

@Zenigata 

I asked the same question just a couple of days earlier:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/583652

Options
Re:Feature Request for P110: confirm popup for manual ON/OFF
2022-10-22 21:49:50

@Zenigata 

I sent it in as a feedback suggestion via the app

TKID221021708

I think the confirmation options you have described would be very helpful - within one week I've already accidentally switched off 2 things.

I think and additional option would be useful - for devices you would "never" normally want to switch off via the app  (e.g. a NAS, Desktop PC, WiFi router etc.)

This would allow you per-device of course to hide/disable the on/off button shown per device on the home screen and the big on/off button shown after clicking into a specific device.

On/Off functionality to be hidden away in the device settings menu

- and should also still prompt! ;-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 12

Views: 516

Replies: 2