changing home and away mode not from app or other lighter app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 14:27:05
Model: Tapo C210   Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am using 4 cameras, 2 C200 et 2 C210, and I would like my kids to be able to switch on and off (away and home mode) without having a full access to the app .... is there a way to have a lighter app or a code keypad for that ? 

for now, they have to wait for me to get the notication and to switch the home mode when they come in and to send me a text or setting a time (the small ones does't have a phone yet) for me to set it on away mode.

Thanks for your help

Stéphane

PS : I do pay the monthly fee to get the video in the cloud and the motion detection ....

Options
2 Reply
Re:changing home and away mode not from app or other lighter app
2022-10-12 10:02:37

I also hope this could be improvegd or they would add this feature one day,  currrently I do not see Home and Away mode of the camera can be used an action in the automation in the Tapo APP. 

Options
Re:changing home and away mode not from app or other lighter app
2022-10-18 10:02:48

I would simply recommend adding a light version app, that would only get access to changing the away-home mode ...

and that accounts able to access it should be validated within the other app (could add, notification on usage, time-day schedule access, removing access) ...

could also be great to be able to add a housekeeper on certain date + hours ....

WDYT ?

Stéphane

sbouli wrote

Hi,

I am using 4 cameras, 2 C200 et 2 C210, and I would like my kids to be able to switch on and off (away and home mode) without having a full access to the app .... is there a way to have a lighter app or a code keypad for that ? 

for now, they have to wait for me to get the notication and to switch the home mode when they come in and to send me a text or setting a time (the small ones does't have a phone yet) for me to set it on away mode.

Thanks for your help

Stéphane

PS : I do pay the monthly fee to get the video in the cloud and the motion detection ....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 980

Replies: 2