Tapo C210 no RTSP Streams after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 19:33:23
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: rev 1.1.21 build 220519 rel 24783n(4555)

I was asked to start a new thread on this subject....

I had several cameras (C210) all working fine with RTSP and the TinyCAM App as I wanted streaming without the disconnection issues when not using the same network and to also aggregate several other IP cameras in one app.  All was fine until a recent firmware update on the C210. Now, the camera is detected and connected to the App but there are no RTSP streams being shown with a timeout message. The camera status page in the app shows the correct IP etc and that the camera is online. I have a suspicion that the new firmware disables RTSP if there is an SD card in the camera (I seem to remember that I had a message about video streams being affected if there was an SD card in use). Is this really true that having a memory card inserted as a standby recording method prevents RTSP now?

I posted this in another thread but it seems that the firmware I had previously worked fine.

Can I please have a method to downgrade the firmware in my cameras please to also resolve this issue? my cameras are at rev 1.1.21 build 220519 rel 24783n(4555)

I have tried a factory reset and reinitiualised things but still no video streams via rtsp. I repeat, this all worked fine until the last firmware update.

I note that someone else has also found that removing the SD card permitted the streams to work OK.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/205220?replyId=1139604

Thanks for looking into this - and please, do not make me go through all the actions again as this is definitely an issue introduced in the latest firmware and is easy for you to replicate using, say, TinyCAM on an Anroid phone. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 no RTSP Streams after firmware upgrade
2022-10-17 10:38:29 - last edited 2022-10-17 10:41:04

Hello   @Stewart 

Sorry for the delayed reply, thank you very much for starting a new thread and providing case details and your findings.

If RTSP still does not work after factory reset/ reboot the camera, here are some other tips: 

• Try both the low/ high quality stream :  low quality stream2: rtsp:// IP Address/stream2

How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

• Tapo  Camera supports two of the three functions among Tapo Care/SD card Recording/NVR (NVR means ONVIF or RTSP streaming here) working at the same time and here is an QA explaining this 

Q3.4: Why can’t I use Tapo Care, SD card, and NVR at the same time?

If this note pops upyou could either unplugging SD / deactivate Tapo care (free trial)/ turn off ONVIF or RTSP connection before test the other two functions. 

Then factory reset the camera and test if the RTSP will work again. 

Most time the support does not have a method to do downgrade. But for model Tapo C210 here is an old firmware 1.1.8 which you could give it a try.

If still the same, try to update the firmware again for the camera, reproduce the problem and help collect the camera log 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera 

Options
2022-10-17 11:15:41

@Solla-topee 

Thank you. 

I will try your suggestions next weekend and report back here with the results. 

Thank you. 

Options
2022-10-20 10:19:49

@Stewart 

Hello.

I tried 1.1.8 an d the RTSP streaming worked with an SD card in the C210 and the C210 also was set to record on motion to the SD Card.

I think this proves that the latest firmware does not allow RTSP if there is an SD card in the camera.

The settings used in TinyCAM were the same for both tests and I deleted and then added the camera again each time.

I have attached screenshots of the working configuration where the reported camera was;

Manufacturer - tp-link
Model - Tapo C210
Firmware version - 1.1.18 Build 220216 Rel.76024n(4555)
Serial number - b738be66
Hardware ID - 1.0
Stream - rtsp://192.168.1.107:554/stream1

Perhaps you can ask your engineers to look at how to fix this error in the latest firmware?

I do not think it is necessary for me to do any more testing as it is a simple task for you to download the TINYcam APP (or iSpy) and see it for yourself.

If you use the TinyCAM app (free version) you can use the function to scan the network and just select the camera you want to add. Then manually add the username and passwoird you set in the C210.

I look forward to hearing from you that you can reproduce this error.

Kind regards.

Stewart

Options
2022-11-01 14:34:35

@Stewart 

Any updates on the firmware to fix this?

Thank you.

Options
2023-04-08 05:36:10

@Stewart  I have the feeling tplink doesn't want to fix errors like that, because they introduce them to push their cloud services. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1607

Replies: 5