KL130 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KL130 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KL130 won't connect
KL130 won't connect
2022-10-19 07:20:18 - last edited 2022-10-19 07:22:35
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Here's the deal. I bought 3 of KL130 in New Zealand, all work fine in my home in NZ. They are now impossible to get in NZ so I got a fourth in the UK.

The NZ ones worksfine, but the one from UK I can see on app.i can connect to it's wifi, but then the app doesn't recognize it, won't connect to it's wifi.

Here are some screenshots. It's the 898c. I can connect to it with my phone's wifi, but the app doesn't recognise it's connected.

I can connect the other three fine.

is there a reason my UK sourced bulk won't connect , it flashes ona and off every few minutes when I try to connect, it looks like it's wifi is up and down.

Have tried hard reset on all, but still can connect the original 3 but not the UK one.

Options
5 Reply
Re:KL130 won't connect
2022-10-21 17:24:04

@Scoper I am following as I purchased a KL130b in the UK this week and cannot connect it to its wifi - so I can't set it up - and then the app decided it too was going to die. Not amused, as they aren't the cheapest bulbs out there and if I had known that this one was going to be such a problem I would have looked for an alternative. 

Seriously, what with this and the app resetting itself I am left wholly unamused and very frustrated at wasted money!

Options
2022-10-21 18:17:18

@Raye you didn't happen to buy off an eBay seller in Southall at a really good price? Is it possible they sold us defective or fake product?

At this point, I'm tempted to take them all out and replace with a different product.

Options
2022-10-21 18:58:17

@Scoper 

Nope, I purchased mine from Amazon. So was hoping it was official.

Options
2022-10-31 06:06:56

Hello  @Raye 

Sorry for the late reply, may I know were you able to setup the smart bulb at last. 

Please confirm your Kasa APP is up-to-date first 3.1.0 or later version

If the setup failed, you could try some tips here 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If still the same, can I know the Model of your phone  and its OS version? What is the current version of your kasa app? Thank you 

Options
2022-10-31 06:59:58

@Solla-topee  the app is so up to date it wiped the data of both my other Kasa bulbs. I have sent the bulb back now and am replacing the other two with Lifx ones. I tried all of the resolutions on the site multiple times and none of them worked, hence sending the bulb back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 295

Replies: 5