Old devices still showing up in google home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-20 18:30:37 - last edited 2022-10-21 00:57:33

I have two plugs that i no longer own that still show up in google home, they don't show up in the alexa app. I've unlinked kasa and relinked and that has no effect. It seems like there is a problem with the KASA API with google. It caches old devices somewhere, but doesnt' give you a way to remove them other than unlinking

Options
3 Reply
Re:Old devices still showing up in google home
2022-10-24 03:35:08

Hello   @coffii_howz 

Thank you for the feedback, it seems that the Google Home app does not sync the updated data from the Kasa APP or the data to Google need some time to update

Please confirm your Google home APP and kasa APP are both up to date. 

Can I know the model of your phone and its Andriod or IOS version, what is the Google home APP version? Can you share a photo showing the old device still there in the Google home APP, please share your TP-Link ID email account with us via PM, thank you. 

Options
2022-10-24 13:24:58

@Solla-topee 

I don't think it needs any more time to update. Its been about a year. I'm just tired of it comalining when I try to turn off all the lights and it says "I'm sorry I couldn't reach TPlink KASA" These devices seem to be the only problem. I renamed them and tried labeling them as not lights, but it still has issues. I do think its an API issue since it seems to work on our Alexa devices.

Glaxy s22

Android 12

Google app 2.59.1.9

Kasa app 3.0.3 build 1098

Options
2022-10-25 11:27:25

@coffii_howz 

Thank you very much for sharing more case details, to look into this further, we created a support email  and get your case escalated to our engineers, please check your email inbox for TKID221033761.

Feel free to let us know how it goes later, thank you. 

Options