Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

67 Reply
Re:Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update
2022-10-27 12:27:17 - last edited 2022-11-01 01:48:56

@TimMoss 

Updated:

The Energy Ca lander button is currently grayed out until the data is generated, the button/entry will be available when energy usage data is synced, this will be optimized in next official version. 

Many thanks for the photos and case details, we created a support email for your TKID221036386 to follow it up, please check your inbox. Feel free to let us know if the app works better for you~

Options
2022-10-28 09:54:15

@Solla-topee 

An update on the problems with graphing for my Tapo P110 on the android app.

I now have seven graphs under the 'Day' tab but still nothing for 'Month'. 

However, as the first screenshot from my phone shows, the data for 'Today' is actually yesterday's data.  The marker for the 11:00~12:00 data shows today's date but you can see that the time on my phone is only 10:35. 

So 'Today' is showing the data from yesterday and there is currently no way of seeing the data from today.  Presumably it will appear tomorrow in the 'Today' graph.  I rather think the testing was less than thorough for this release of the app sad

Options
2022-10-28 09:57:02

@Solla-topee Noticed a possible bug with the new update where by the P110 appears to be reporting energy useage from the future. In the screenshot attached, data is being reported from 30th October 2022. A similar issue occurs when you look at the half-hourly useage. I have data being reported from this evening even though it's not even lunchtime yet.

Options
2022-10-28 15:11:26

@Solla-topee 

And another graphing issue, I'm sorry to have to report...

On the Power graphs, the 'Past 24 Hours' graph shows correctly, but the past '7 Days' shows no activity.

Options
2022-10-29 10:02:47

@Solla-topee 

This will probably be my final comment until an update is released.

Contrary to my previous comment, it seems the 'Last 24 Hours' does not actually work properly and the calendar view is also non-functional.

At the moment, my P110 is monitoring our electric kettle.  We always have a drink around 9pm so whichever day the 'Past 24 Hours' is showing, there would be a peak at that time.

The first shot shows the past 24 hours, and note there is no peak at around 9pm.

The second shot shows 'Today' which I, and others, have previously explained is actually yesterday, and you can clearly see the usage at around 20:00-21:00.

The calendar display is also not working, as the last three days for which the P110 has been running are all showing 'No data'.

So, it seems that the only graphs that are working to some degree of success are the Year graph which appears to be working correctly, and the 'Day' graph which is a day out.

Sadly, at the moment, the recent updates to the app and the firmware have rendered the device almost useless, especially as the firmware update has blocked my own software from being able to retrieve any useful data from the device.

I had been considering recommending these monitoring devices to my customers, and I'm very glad that I haven't yet done this as the current software combination renders them virtually useless.

Perhaps, once the software issues are addressed, I may be able to again consider recommending them, but until then, I cannot and my own device will be sitting unplugged.

Options
2022-11-01 02:48:52 - last edited 2022-11-01 03:01:17

Good day  @SteveTheBee @DR-W 

The energy usage graph showing yesterday/ last month's data or showing the data of future appears to be fixed as recent feedback from the community users in this topic.
Energy consumption date wrong for TAPO P110

Can you check if the Energy usage graph now comes back into normal?  As learned from our engineer the cause has found, we will share with the community when the support gets more detailed information or conclusion about the fix. 

@SteveTheBee Thank you sharing detailed case report! To better follow up with the cases and look into this further, we create a support email TKID221100760, please check your email inbox. 

Options
2022-11-01 09:40:54 - last edited 2022-11-01 11:01:21

@Solla-topee 

Thank you.  I have installed the beta version and tested it.

Indeed the Energy monitoring Day graphs seem to be fixed smiley

However, there are still a number of problems on the other graphs and calendar which I have sent to the support engineer.

In summary

1. Energy Month - is correct for this month, but fails to show any data for October.

2. Power 7 Days - still not correct - no correlation to actual usage.

3. Calendar - no usage for any days, despite the Energy Day graph for October 28th clearly showing usage.

So it's improved, but still some work to do. sad

Options
2022-11-03 04:15:30

@TimMoss 

As of yesterday 02/11/2022 - in App version 2.10.7

perhaps because a new month has started this is now working

"Today" - correctly shows today's data and can swipe to scroll back through each of previous 7 days

"Month" - shows daily figure for this month's data and and swipe to scroll back 3 months

Options
2022-11-03 04:20:53

@TimMoss 

Energy Calendar now also working in App version 2.10.7

I had to go into the screen where one sets the prices and back out (no changces to settings needed) before the energy calendar icon was no longer greyed out

Options
2022-11-03 08:25:56

@Solla-topee 

When will the Android version of the application be available?
Currently there is version 2.10.6 that does not work properly.

Options