How do Tapo P100 and P110 devices handle daylight savings time?
I am curious how the Tapo P100 and Tapo P110 devices
and also the Tapo App handle daylight savings time.
I can see in the "Device Info" screen that my devices are set to "Europe/London" timezone.
I assume the devices have a built in clock (to allow them to run on schedules etc.)
At the moment UK is in "BST" (British Summer Time) which is "GMT +1"
If I've specified a schedule on my P100 (or P110) devices,
what will happen
when "Summer" i.e. Daylight Savings Time ends and the timezone and clocks change by one hour?
- Will the devices themselves automatically adjust their clocks?
- Will the schedule adjust accordingly or stay fixed to its current times?
(only relevant to P110):
- How will this affect the "Summer/Winter" and "Time-Of-Use" settings that are now available in the Tapo App
I only need to specify Summer/Winter due to UK "Daylight Savings Time" where the clocks change by 1 hour (but the off-peak and on-peak times do not)
otherwise (in my case) there's no other change in schedule (same every day, weekends, all year round)
So in the app I need to manually setup Summer/Winter start end dates (which change every year by the way)
and then setup different "time of use" schedules for summer/winter - just to account for the 1 hour time difference
Maybe useful options would be:
1) To be able to just set the time-of-use timetable in standard time "GMT" in my case (or perhaps UTC +/- xx)
and a checkbox allowing user to specify whether the timetable should or should not change with daylight savings time?
2) automatically determine when daylight savings times start/end for the given timezone/country
3) with the "Schedule" times - again allow user to specify with each on/off event whether or not daylight savings time should be factored in or not
i.e. automatically adjust back/forward 1 hour on the appropriate dates for that country/timezone.
I don't really want to have to go re-program the scehdules 2x a year