KL110 won't set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KL110 won't set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KL110 won't set up
KL110 won't set up
2022-11-04 14:14:04
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Not known

I have a network of 13 mini Smart Plugs - KP110 and KP115s.  They all work really well so I thought I would try a Smart Bulb.  I bought a KL110B and tried to set it up but after initially responding to the phone (suggesting that a proper contact had been established) and displaying a 'Connected' button briefly, when I get to the final connection process the process just times out.  I have tried several times and reset the smart bulb several times too with both a 3-cycle and a 5-cycle power cycle.  I get the three flashes to acknowledge the reset and I get a single flash at the end of the first part of the connection cycle but then when it tries to connect to the network instead of the phone, it just times out.

The wifi network is a LinkSys Velop which works perfectly well with the KP110s and KP115s so why not with the KL110?  It feels like a compatibility mismatch of some sort but while I'm moderately capable, I don't know how to diagnose it.  It feels as if it is not seeing the Wifi network.

Can anyone help please?

Options
1 Reply
Re:KL110 won't set up
2022-11-14 05:45:13

Hello   @SebH 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, may I know the model number of your Linksys Velop system. 

Please try to update the firmware of your router or Wi-Fi system and try some tips here in Case 4 Unable to Connect to Your Wi-Fi Network

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device? 

Please try a different phone to setup your kasa device as well. 

For a test, try to link bulb to a mobile hotspot Wifi or Guest wifi network,  you could also the router support and see if there are any suggestions. 

Hope this helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 181

Replies: 1

Related Articles