Tapo C320WS - Not automatically switch to Night mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-20 08:15:22
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi TP Link / Tapo,

I recently installed this security camera and understand that it should change to Night Mode and activate Infrared and/or Lights-up LED for Full Color - but its not happening to my camera.

I've set my camera to "AUTO" assuming that it will automatically switch back and forth to "DAY" and "NIGHT" mode, the Latter suppose to use Infrared and/or LED for Color. I've setup also the Night mode setting to "Smart mode". While Time zone is aligned with my location assuming also that it is based on time. But all of this don't turn on as if the camera is stuck on "Day" mode. 

May I know if there's specific triggers on how it should automatically change to "Night"? Or is my device faulty?

P.S. I can manually set it to Night mode and I can confirm Infrared and LED is working, but the automatic switch is really faulty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 470

Replies: 0