Votes

Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression

Votes

Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression

57 Reply
RE:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression
2023-06-05 11:29:21
The quality of the video needs improving as mentioned it is actully quite poor probably due to the firmware being set up so it isnt the best? Bitrate is very low. Zooming in only a bit presents a massive loss of detail and is just digital artifacts. Can this be looked into please the camera is great but is being held back due to poor quality video
Options
2023-07-09 12:44:17
https://fccid.io/2AXJ4C320WSV2/Internal-Photos/Tapo-C320WS-2211TW0104-Internal-Photograph-6344289 Shows chipset NT98562 which in other products support h265 at 1.5Mbps "Mainstream (HD): 1.5Mbps; Sub-stream (SD): 512Kbps" Expert configuration menu would be nice
Options
2023-07-23 08:07:10
Image quality much worse than I anticipated - even on car parked next to camera I can't see the license plate! Way too much compression on the videos.
Options
Re:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression
2023-07-23 12:02:45

For ALL, please keep posting your issue, complaints or suggestions about Video Quality of our device that maybe someday Tapo / TP Link will recognize and do something about it!

Again dont forget to hit VOTE button!

Options
2023-07-23 12:05:06

@Michaelvest I know right, plate number is not visible and way too pixelated. Whatmore to recognize human faces. This is even on very well lit / day light without clouds scenario.

This really have to be fixed ASAP!

Options
2023-07-23 12:07:24

@Hans_Moleman Ohh then Hardware wise it should be possible ha. Then yeah, not sure why TP Link wont be able to do something. Or is it really they way of marketing to be able to sell their more expensive device. Such a shame!

Options
2023-07-23 12:09:15

@Lee316 As mention by one of our fellow, the hardware is their but really the software is not make use of it. Lets keep posting / complaining every now and then, maybe TP will consider this and make solution.

Options
Re:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression
2023-07-23 20:48:40

@Jerrey 

I wonder if complaining to Tapo support (support.usa@tp-link.com) and asking them to pass on the suggestion would help more than just talking on this forum?

I'm intrigued by the higher night sensitivity of the new C325WB , but I'm very hesitant to buy unless Tapo makes zoomed in faces and license plates recognizable.

The new C325WB is just as bad for zooming/ compression, so Tapo must be using the same hardware and software as in the problematic C320WS.

Options
Re:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression-Solution
2023-07-27 11:46:40 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, 
Thank you very much for your votes and comments on this thread. We certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature requests here, and we'll make sure to log these feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate and continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible. 

For better image/video quality, here are some tips for a try.
1) Make sure the camera's firmware and Tapo app are up to date.
2) Adjust the Video Quality option on the Camera Settings page of the Tapo Cam on the Tapo app, higher quality video looks better.
3) Adjust the location and direction of the camera based on the actual environment for better image/video quality.

It's recommended to contact TP-Link technical support with the following information for further analysis if there is a problem with the image/video quality.
1. The model number and MAC address of the Tapo Cam.
2. The Video Quality settings configured on the Tapo Cam.
3. The picture or video that shows the image/video quality issue.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-11 08:13:43
Where's the promise of hi-res images? Even when captured under sufficient light, images look grainy and blurry.
Options

Voters 69

+ 65 Voters

Tags

VideoQuality