Kasa smart bulbs loosing wifi..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-09 07:54:06

I have a lamp with 3 smart bulbs in a "group". And day one they worked great. Now , day 4, every time I give an Alexa command they do the command then instantly loose wifi connection. I have to open the kasa app and wait for them to refresh, then I can give exactly one command and they drop the wifi again. It's annoying, any advice ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa smart bulbs loosing wifi..
2022-12-12 05:38:07

Hello  @SnowranCruzick 

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Please confirm the device firmware & Kasa APP are both up to date. 

May I know how did you judge the bulb lost Wi-Fi connection?

Can you share a photo of error message in the Alexa & Kasa app, thank you. 

Options
Re:Kasa smart bulbs loosing wifi..
2023-02-09 06:58:43

How are you determining they're losing their wifi connection? Seeing them not available in kasa could be for a number of reasons, not just wifi. For the bulbs you'll need to look at your router's wifi status page - it's important to know what's happening for troubleshooting.

If it happens to all three at once you might try rebooting your router, if that fixes it for a while it's a router problem. If you have a lot of wifi clients it could be a wifi limit of the router.

You may be able to check signal strength for the bulbs by opening the kasa app. Touch the bulb name , then the "settings" button. Under advanced touch "Wi-Fi Network" and it will report the current signal status. Smaller than -50 is marginal, compare it with your plugs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 2

Related Articles