C420S Smart Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C420S Smart Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C420S Smart Cameras
C420S Smart Cameras
2022-12-15 21:58:32 - last edited 2022-12-28 09:00:29
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ??????

I have successfully linked all the Tapo products through the Tapo App with Amazon Alexa App, I am able to switch things on and off with Tapo Smart plugs utilising the Alexa App.

Today I completed the installation of Four C420S Smart Cameras and linked them all to the Tapo App installed on Smart phone and on my Amazon HD 10 Fire Tablet. I can see the cameras on the smart phone and in “Live View”, I can also see “Live View” through the Tapo app installed on Amazon Fire Tablet. However, when I use the "Alexa App” on my Amazon Fire Tablet HD10” it states that the device does not support live view? This is crazy as the Amazon Fire Tablet with the Tapo App sees all four cameras in live view therefore the device is compatible. I have successfully linked the Tapo App shared askills with the Alexa app, all Tapo smart plugs are functioning successfully 

Why is this case?

Options
2 Reply
Re:C420S Smart Cameras
2022-12-28 09:01:44

@UnhapPap 

This battery model doesn't seem to support Alexa streaming,that is a pity.

Options
Re:C420S Smart Cameras
2023-01-10 09:12:08

Hello   @UnhapPap 

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

Tapo C420 is Amazon-compatible and this requires an Amazon Smart display like Echo show, Echo spot Fire TV with Amazon Firestick to stream camera via Alexa. 

How to control Tapo camera by Amazon Alexa with voice commands

The  Alexa App does not seem to support streaming the camera from another company in their app directly (btw this will be dependent mainly on the Amazon Alexa app UI design) and I recommend using Tapo APP to stream the camera on a tablet or mobile device. Hope this helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 2

Related Articles