C210 Network Unstable But Camera Is Functioning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-14 08:22:56
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Just got a C210 and wishing I hadn't too be honest so far. 

Camera seems fine but the app is making it very difficult. I keep getting Network Unstable messages when opening the Tapo app and have found the only way to get it working is to force stop the app and then start it again and then it works. 

I don't believe this is anything to do with the camera as I've checked the basics for that. Network Strength is -36RSSI which is pretty close to the best you can get so that's not the issue. Given a force stop start of the app tends to then retrieve all configurations it seems to point to the app itself in my mind? 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well.

Anyone else seeing such behaviour? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:C210 Network Unstable But Camera Is Functioning
2023-02-09 07:17:50

Hello  @AndyP27 

Sorry for the delayed reply.May I know do you experience the Network Unstable error in the app? If so you can try some tips here

• Please confirm both camera firmware & Tapo APP are both up to date. 
  • Try a different Network like mobile data, or Home wifi network, will the error appear when your phone is connected to home Wi-Fi network? 

If you continue to face the issue, may I know the model of router, the network map: eg. ISP XX-- router  model XX <Wifi>C210 cam

Please check my PM and help collect the app log, thanks!

Options
2023-02-09 07:42:09

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the reply. 

Firstly I can confirm both the app and camera firmware are up to date. 

Yes, the error does occur when my phone is connected to my home WiFi network. Mostly,  it is when you are away from home (even with a strong signal)  but it does happen when at home as well.  As I mentioned the issue is not my WiFi network. I tested it and the result I posted in my original message demonstrates that it is fine. But here is the network map details you requested. 

ISP: BT

Router: BT SmartHub

Speed: BT full fibre 500Mbps

Camera: C210

Options
2023-02-13 07:20:28

Hello  @AndyP27 

thank you very much for the case details, please check my PM and help collect APP log, this helps the engineers to look into what happened, you can click on your profile to check my private message, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 3

Related Articles