Tapo T310 and H100 problem...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-22 21:22:28
Model: Tapo T310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 220705 Rel.172654

Hello.

I'm very disappointed, because those TP link ‘smart’ devices are not so functional, as TP link described them on their web site.

I have Tapo app version 2.11.44 and integrated devices P110, H100 and T310, with intention to control a radiator (IR panel) with temperature.

When integrating the devices, I followed the instructions prescribed in the quick instructions for each device and then followed the procedures in the application. They all seem to work correctly, at least, as they are all shown in the app, but not working like they should or described on web site.

The plug is working ok, the hub is working ok and also a T310 is connected to a hub and showing temperature and humidity, but can’t be used as a trigger to operate plug automatically.

When I’m in my home Wi-Fi, I can see all 3 devices in the app, but when I leave my home Wi-Fi and use Internet to access the smart devices, then I can see just 2 devices: P110 and H100, T310 goes offline and eventually disappears from the app. When I return to my home Wi-Fi, then it reappears back. T310 also shows a message, that this device, which is connected to a H100, is only operated locally.

When trying to set an automation, to be exact, I like to use a T310 – temperature for a trigger, there is only a H100 visable and no option of T310 using for trigger function.

To be honest, I know that all devices are correctly installed and working in local – home Wi-Fi, but they are still not working as TP-Link describes on their internet site. I also contacted their technical support and to be honest, I was really disappointed with their help – devices are still not working as described.

Has anybody here has similar experiences with devices not working as advertised?

Regards,

Rok…

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo T310 and H100 problem...
2023-02-01 02:56:16

Hello  @RokP75 

Thank you reaching out the community and sharing improvement suggestion the T310 temperature sensor 

1. It does not seem to be right if theT310 is only available in the home Wifi network and goes offline over the internet,

- please manually reboot  the T310 senor by unplugging the power cord and plug it back in 

- disable the firewall or lower firewall on the modem or router temporarily and see if that helps

- factory reset the T310 and resin tall it in the app.

To look into this, can you share some information here 1)   can you share the relevant screenshot or video clip (better) 2) who is your ISP internet service provider & model of router

2.  The T310  temperature sensor can be added in the Smart Action-Automation and working as the trigger. 

Options
Re:Tapo T310 and H100 problem...
2023-02-06 10:02:08

@RokP75 May I know were you able to get the T310 online later?Any updated information is much appreciated~

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1049

Replies: 2