Kasa Smart iPhone app randomly fails to execute shortcuts automation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 06:14:17
Tags: #iPhone
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Hi,

Through iPhone shortcuts built in app, I have an automation set up that will turn off my smart plug at a certain time. But a few times a week or month this fails with the following error message from the shortcuts app: encountered an error: Could Not Run Turn on/off a device.

This has been going on for at least two months and the last Kasa app update didn't resolve it.

It looks like a bug in the Kasa app?

Kind regards

Björn

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart iPhone app randomly fails to execute shortcuts automation
2023-01-30 02:18:49 - last edited 2023-01-30 02:19:31

Hello @Bjorm 

Thank you for reaching out to the community and sharing the case details. 

1. Please ensure kasa device is always online in the kasa app

When the error occurs, 'Could Not Run Turn on/off a device' please check if the kasa devices are available in the kasa app over the internet / When phone is on mobile data. 

2. Confirm kasa app and device firmware are both  up to date. 

If still the same, may I have a screenshot of the error & Shortcut settings , please also MAC address of the plug via PM, you can click my profile to share the MAC addresses, thank you. 

Options
Re:Kasa Smart iPhone app randomly fails to execute shortcuts automation
2023-02-06 18:54:33

@Solla-topee, thanks for the reply. The firmware is the latest version, but it could be that the wifi was the problem. While charging, I have WiFi turned off. Then I turn on WiFi, wait 10 sec and then run the TP-Link task. I upped it to 40 sec to see if that makes difference.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 2

Tags

iPhone