TP-Link's First Matter Device: Tapo P125M - Mini Smart Wi-Fi Plug

2023-01-31 06:42:41 - last edited 2023-12-21 05:46:01
Model: Tapo P125M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The article was originally posted by Riley_S in TP-Link's First Matter Device: Tapo P125M - Mini Smart Wi-Fi Plug

Official TP-Link Product Page

TP-Link has been committed to promoting the implementation of the Matter protocol. It is one of the first companies to obtain the Matter 1.0 certification and one of the few to receive the root certificate issued by the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA). The unveiling of Tapo P125M signifies TP-Link is making the long-anticipated vision of a seamless smart home a reality, lifting the curtain of the Matter era. 

The ultimate benefit of the Matter protocol lies in its seamless interoperability. The Tapo P125M, similar to other Tapo smart plugs, supports control via the Tapo app and voice assistants. However, users are no longer limited to specific smart home platforms. The Matter-compatible P125M works with nearly all certified smart home platforms, such as Apple Home, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Samsung SmartThings.

Apart from that, the smart plug can interact with numerous certified smart devices from other manufacturers, meeting users' needs for more personalized and unified smart home experiences. With the Multi-Admin capability of Matter, users can share management permissions of Tapo P125M with family members via different ecosystems. 

Specifications:

Dimensions: 2.4” x 1.5” x 1.3”

Power Requirements: AC 100-125V ~50/60Hz

Maximum Load: 1800W @ 1220V ~15 A

Where to Buy

Available on Amazon in the United States, and will be available in more areas soon.

Please check if the Tapo P125M is available on the local TP-Link website or Tapo website first, and visit local or online stores to buy.

Learn More About the Matter Protocol and Potential Upcoming Matter Releases on our Spotlight Page Below:

Matter Protocol from TP-Link

Please Note: The use of matter networking requires the presence of a matter controller on your network. If you have more than one matter controller on your network, it is recommended to choose one of the devices; devices added to one service can then be shared with another controller via a Share Code found in the app where the device was first configured.

More Articles

Matter Setup Guides for Alexa, Google and Apple

General Questions about Matter

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link's First Matter Device: Tapo P125M - Mini Smart Wi-Fi Plug-Solution
2023-12-15 01:41:41 - last edited 2023-12-19 01:44:42

@Wayne-TP it was happening within local wi-fi. I was adding the plug via Apple Home app, it was able to connect to my 2.4G wi-fi (the LED went blue), but in the Home app it never went out of "No response" state. Tapo app discovered the plug in couple of seconds and added it to the Tapo home where it was possible to control just fine, unlike Home app. I tried the other way around, start with adding it to Tapo app and attempted to connect it to Home app afterwards, it didn't work.

But a week ago I upgraded all my apple devices (including Apple TV) to ios/tvos 17.2 and suddenly it started to respond when I tried to add it one more time.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link's First Matter Device: Tapo P125M - Mini Smart Wi-Fi Plug
2023-12-07 03:08:20

Is this device is really compatible with Apple Homekit?

I bought set of 3 from amazon, and added them easily to Apple Home (controlled by Apple TV4k v2). I also added them to Tapo app and they worked fine there too.

Until one morning when they suddenly stopped (all 3) and now I can't connect them to HomeKit in any way, even after I delete them from Tapo app. iPhone successfully adds the device to Home app, the LED on the smart plug becomes blue, but it never ever responds in Home app after that. While being unresponsive in Home app, if I launch Tapo app it discovers it in local network and prompts to add to Tapo home, there it works fine. But I need it in Apple Home.

As it worked fine, I threw away all packages and papers and can't return it anymore. This is very confusing.

Model: Tapo 125M

Hardvare Version: 1.0

Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 231009 Rel 155831

Options
2023-12-15 01:21:42

@ikseek 

Does this situation occur while controlling the smart plug in the local WiFi? Or does it only happen in the remote control, such as using the cellular data or connecting to a different WiFi network?

How about the remote control with Tapo App? Does it work?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:TP-Link's First Matter Device: Tapo P125M - Mini Smart Wi-Fi Plug-Solution
2023-12-15 01:41:41 - last edited 2023-12-19 01:44:42

@Wayne-TP it was happening within local wi-fi. I was adding the plug via Apple Home app, it was able to connect to my 2.4G wi-fi (the LED went blue), but in the Home app it never went out of "No response" state. Tapo app discovered the plug in couple of seconds and added it to the Tapo home where it was possible to control just fine, unlike Home app. I tried the other way around, start with adding it to Tapo app and attempted to connect it to Home app afterwards, it didn't work.

But a week ago I upgraded all my apple devices (including Apple TV) to ios/tvos 17.2 and suddenly it started to respond when I tried to add it one more time.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-19 01:44:37

@ikseek 

Thanks for your update. We'll keep an eye out for any similar feedback.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 892

Replies: 4

Related Articles