Votes

Please Enable Choosing Wi-Fi/Ethernet Connectivity for Tapo Cameras even After Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Please Enable Choosing Wi-Fi/Ethernet Connectivity for Tapo Cameras even After Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-02 13:46:12
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I have just bought the Tapo 320WS, and set it up, and it's working.

During Setup (in the Tapo app for Android), I was asked If I want to connect the camera with Ethernet or Wi-Fi,

and in the same screen there was a note that "this decision is only for Setup".

I chose Ethernet, and configured the camera.

Now when it's added and fully configured,

the app does not seem to have a Setting for changing the the connectivity from Ethernet to Wi-Fi.

I went over all settings for this camera, in the app (for Android),

and unfortunately couldn't find any mentioning of Ethernet/Wi-Fi.

My suggestion:

Please add in the Camera Settings an option to Choose Ethernet vs Wi-Fi,

and under it, there will be 2 fields for setting the WLAN SSID and Password..

That will spare users from the need to Reset the camera for changing Ethernet -> Wi-Fi connectivity..

It's a simple addition, yet a useful one that will save hassle to the camera users..

Please note:

My camera model is Tapo 320WS, but this is relevant to all Tapo cameras who has both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity options.

(eg the Tapo 310 model)

Thank you very much.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Please Enable Choosing Wi-Fi/Ethernet Connectivity for Tapo Cameras even After Setup
2023-02-08 04:03:11

@spaceman5 

thank you for letting us know your concern and share the detailed scenario, being able to switching to Wi-Fi/ Ethernet sounds great.

If any user found this can be helpful or meet the same difficulty while reconfiguring the camera when switching the Ethernet/Wi-Fi, please let vote and share your comments below. Thank you! 

Options
RE:Please Enable Choosing Wi-Fi/Ethernet Connectivity for Tapo Cameras even After Setup
2023-05-05 12:17:33
Simple feature should be added
Options
RE:Please Enable Choosing Wi-Fi/Ethernet Connectivity for Tapo Cameras even After Setup
2023-05-07 21:35:27
helps even the cameras that have only WIFI if you need to setup multiple/changeable wifi networks
Options
2023-07-18 06:08:20
Need similar feature to change the SSID, This is required both in TAPO and VIGI Wifi Cameras
Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 535

Replies: 4

Voters 6

+ 2 Voters