Kasa smart plug/bulb energy monitoring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-04 17:00:22
Model: KP105  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hi I have a Kasa Smart Plug of model KP105, which the forum seems to think is a bulb for dome reason. I got this plug primarily to just be a smart plug for my living room lamps, and for that it's been a great success, but I also got it for its advertised energy monitoring however I see no option for that in the Kasa app, all I see is a runtime tab ehich shows me how many hours the device has been on for. I'm planning on getting another two of these plugs to monitor how much power my PC UPS's are drawing and want to ensure I'm getting the correct plug which actually supports energy monitoring as I'm thinking the plugs I bought before probably don't

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa smart plug/bulb energy monitoring
2023-02-06 03:30:58 - last edited 2023-02-06 03:41:28

Hello  @Snowyjaguar 

thank you for the inquiry, the model KP105 does not come with Energy Monitoring feature. 

Usually you will see ' Energy Monitoring' in the model description part, please check if the kasa HS110 plug, or some power strips with energy monitoring feature is available in your area? 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/smart-plug

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 1