Camera C320WS lost WiFi and appears to have died

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-05 17:52:10 - last edited 2023-02-07 13:57:22
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Brand new C320WS less than two weeks old.

Setup (using WiFi) and tested, then installed. Reset and re-setup and all working fine 100%.

Checked today, and all good with a nice picture this afternoon. Then, I noticed that the camera was no longer available in the app. Checking my router, it has also disconnected from the network.

Tried to fix, power off/on, reboot WiFi hub it was connected to, no good just a flashing red led status light.

Ended up resetting using the reset button and go to re-configure.

No WiFi from the camera. Nothing. Can see house WiFi and neighbours WiFi, but nothing from my camera. Status flashing red and green. Even have the tapo-XXXX in my phone's list of old network connections so I know I connected to it last week to set it up then. Nothing.

Any way of fixing this (for WiFi as I don't want to cable it) or is my brand new camera dead?

Edit:

Reply from tplink support - requires a full factory reset. Have to press the reset button for 15 seconds (not 5 as for reboot). Camera then has to be reset from scratch. Very tedious but it worked. Just wish a) it had not done this and/or b) there was a way of doing factory reset without having to climb up a ladder, undo two very very tiny screws and not drop them etc.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Camera C320WS lost WiFi and appears to have died
2023-02-09 02:06:54

Hello @Mokka 

thank you for sharing the feedback, it seems that the camera has lost from the Wi-Fi network and requires reinstallation in the app.

If the camera blinking red and green, this is already the factory default state and you can add the camera in the Tapo APP directly. 

If the LED is not blinking red and green, please try to factory reset and reinstall it. Feel free to let us know if you need more help.

It is suggested ensuring that the camera is receiving strong Wifi signal as instruction here for its stability. 

https://www.tapo.com/faq/191/

Options
Re:Camera C320WS lost WiFi and appears to have died
2023-02-11 11:33:45

For anyone else with this problem - key learnings for me.

If your camera drops WiFi and will not reconnect after a reboot, then it may require a factory reset.

On attempting to reconnect the camera to the app (either in setup or after a reset/reboot) if you don't see the camera WiFi SSID on a smart phone, turn the WiFi off and on as sometimes a smartphone will ignore a previously seen (connected to) connection that it already knows does not have internet connectivity.

If you need to factory reset the camera, this can be done remotely by simply removing the camera from the app. The camera then automatically goes through a factory reset.

Unfortunately, this requires the camera to be connected to the app, so if the WiFi has died, a hard reset is required using the 'reset' button. Note that for a reboot this must be pressed for 5 seconds, for a factory reset this must be pressed for over 10 seconds (at least 10, more like 15 seconds).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2

Related Articles