Why is my smart thermostatic valve malfunctioning?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-21 03:49:55 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:55:36

A few hours ago, I installed a KE100 smart thermostatic valve on a radiator and set it to "freeze protection." According to my understanding, this setting should completely close the valve unless the temperature sensor detects a temperature below 5°C.

Initially, I tested and configured the valve, and the radiator heated up as expected. However, when I set the valve to freeze protection, it appears that the valve is not fully closed. Although the temperature sensor indicates a decreasing room temperature, the radiator and the tubes leading to it remain too warm for "off."

I am unsure what is causing this issue. The mechanical installation appears to be properly and tightly fit, and further tightening may cause damage. In contrast, the previous "dumb" thermostatic valve worked well by closing everything entirely.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Why is my smart thermostatic valve malfunctioning?-Solution
2023-04-24 20:40:05 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:55:36

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I have performed the calibration and the thermostat is working fine now.

I think it needed that done because originally it was installed in a different room so maybe that thermostat in that room had a different closed position.

Thanks for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Why is my smart thermostatic valve malfunctioning?
2023-04-16 11:57:07

@Kamaal 

I am having similar issue

I have set the thermostat to 19 and it is showing a temp of 21 in the room but the radiator is still hot so it looks like the thermostat is not respecting the temp setting.

What can I do?

Options
2023-04-19 09:24:39

@Kamaal   @LukeT  

Hi,
Thanks for the case report. For this issue, please help confirm the following information.
1. Please go to the Kasa app>click on the KE100>click on the Settings icon at the top right corner>click on Calibration>tap Calibrate button to determine the Open and Closed positions again, and then check if the KE100 will work fine.

2. Please go to the Report page of the KE100, and send us the pictures that display the abnormal temperature report.

3. After turning off the KE100 for 30 mins or one hour, please check if the temperature of the hot water pipe close to the KE100 is still hot than the temperature you set.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Why is my smart thermostatic valve malfunctioning?-Solution
2023-04-24 20:40:05 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:55:36

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I have performed the calibration and the thermostat is working fine now.

I think it needed that done because originally it was installed in a different room so maybe that thermostat in that room had a different closed position.

Thanks for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-04-25 09:38:33

@LukeT  Glad to hear that your problem is solved~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 4