Can't connect to C320WS via RTSP/onvif streaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-24 07:39:28 - last edited 2023-02-24 09:16:19
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Dear Team,

During initial setup of my Camera, I was able to view RTSP streaming (on VLC player) by following "https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/2680/"

Both stream (high and low quality were working smoothly) 

But suddenly it stopped working. Post user name & password authentication, It keeps on loading but never get started.

The only known change is that now i have subscribed to Tapo Care Trial (SD card recording was/is always on)

Also note that i have followed the recommenced solution mentioned in https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/584966 (apart from factory reset, which i want to avoid). Additionally i have tried stopping SD card recording as well  But its not working as of now.

Do you think subscription to Tapo Care is breaking rtsp/onvif streaming on my PC.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't connect to C320WS via RTSP/onvif streaming-Solution
2023-02-24 07:59:09 - last edited 2023-02-24 09:16:19

@imPratik 

Good day! Thank you for the post. Due to the limited hardware performance of the camera itself, Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or SD card recordings.

If you are using an SD card and Tapo Care at the same time, the NVR(RTSP/ONVIF) will be disabled. To restart the recording on the NVR, please remove the SD card from the camera. You can find this explanation here in Q3.4. General Questions about the Tapo Camera

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to C320WS via RTSP/onvif streaming-Solution
2023-02-24 07:59:09 - last edited 2023-02-24 09:16:19

@imPratik 

Good day! Thank you for the post. Due to the limited hardware performance of the camera itself, Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or SD card recordings.

If you are using an SD card and Tapo Care at the same time, the NVR(RTSP/ONVIF) will be disabled. To restart the recording on the NVR, please remove the SD card from the camera. You can find this explanation here in Q3.4. General Questions about the Tapo Camera

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't connect to C320WS via RTSP/onvif streaming
2023-02-24 09:16:04

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for clarification. Understood now.

Just a suggestion, Tapo care also keeps on showing pop up about NVR and SD card recording. 

That Popup message would be more clear and useful if "NVR(RTSP/ONVIF)" is used instead of "NVR".

as in my case, i was just willing to see the streaming on PC via RTSP (no recording on PC) so i ignored the pop up message.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 2