Can’t connect to set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can’t connect to set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can’t connect to set up
Can’t connect to set up
2023-02-28 03:13:44
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I just bought 2 Kp303 wifi power boards and neither will connect to set up. 

iPhone 14 and Kasa App. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Can’t connect to set up
2023-02-28 03:38:48

Hi @MrFrankWhite 

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

Please try some tip here and see if it helps 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Please make sure VPN is off

If you continue to face the issue, can have a screenshot of the error message i the Kasa app? thank you 

Options
2023-02-28 04:20:05
Options
2023-02-28 04:22:05
Been through all those steps. I have smart devices running on 2.4 so I know it works. Personally it seems to be the wifi connection, as my phone won’t show it’s connected to the tp signal for like 2 mins.
Options
2023-03-01 01:29:06 - last edited 2023-03-01 01:41:56

@MrFrankWhite 

When the app reports' Unable to connect to Kasa Smart XX Wifi', please ensure you've tried tips here 

Case 2 Unable to Connect to Your smart device’s Wi-Fi

for IOS: enable ' Local network' permission on your phone for the kasa app 

- please ensure VPN is off

- ensure your phones is connected to Smart Home Wi-Fi at that time and have an IP address. 

How to find IP address on your devices

- you can also try to turn off mobile data on the phone or try a different phone if you have one. 

If still the same, can you please help reproduce the issue, and collect the APP log as my PM , thank you

Please share a photo of your phone's IP address when error occurs.

' as my phone won’t show it’s connected to the tp signal for like 2 mins.' this does not seem to be right, the mobile device should stay connected to the Kasa Smart Wifi (no internet is normal)when the app is trying to look for the smart device.  

To help with your case we created a support email TKID230300732 too, please check your inbox.

Options
2023-03-01 01:32:26

@Solla-topee 

how do I collect the app log? And I have tried all of that. 

Options
2023-03-02 06:58:18 - last edited 2023-03-02 08:36:34

Edit:  Before adding a smart device, we need to connect phone to home Wi-Fi network then follow the app instruction to set up the device

When the kasa app redirect to connect to Kasa Smart XXX WIfi, please ensure your phone is on the Kasa Wifi and should receive IP from the Smart Wifi, otherwise the app can't find the smart device and report the error you experienced. If the phone would not stay on the Kasa Smart Wifi, go to phone Settings- Manually connect to the Kasa XX Wifi , then go back to kasa app. Or try a different phone or mobile device.

Hi   @MrFrankWhite

Did you receive the support email TKID230300732, or you can check my PM (click your profile) for details. 

Please share a photo of Ip address when connected to Kasa Smart XX Wifi, a photo of localnetwork permission if possobile, thank you. 

Options
2023-03-02 07:09:08
replied to the email
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 7

Related Articles