Cannot complete set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot complete set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot complete set up
Cannot complete set up
2023-03-01 17:43:46
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi. I just got two HS103 plugs and have followed the instructions in the app and also watched the video and I seem to be doing it right but cannot connect the plugs. I've tried both plugs in two different outlets. Not sure what I am doing wrong. 

the lights are flashing blue/orange and then flash just blue. I've connected to the plug Wi-Fi and then to my home wifi and all seems right but just doesn't connect to the plugs. I've tried them only one at a time so there is no conflict. 

TIA for help and advice. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot complete set up
2023-03-02 01:06:03 - last edited 2023-03-02 06:55:49

May I know were you able to complete the set up later? Feel free to let us know for any update, thank you!

Hello @PaulC27 

thank you for reaching out to the community, 

Can I have a photo of the error message in the kasa APP to help further. 

Meanwhile you can try some suggestions in this troubleshooting FAQ and see if it helps

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device

Please ensure VPN is OFF during setup process. 

Options
2023-03-02 13:54:36

@Solla-topee  thanks for the reply. I've attached two screenshots. The plugs are now found but still not connected, so I went through the process of trying to connect again and it failed again. I did have connection to one for a short time and was able to begin to work with it but it is now unreachable again. 

my Wi-Fi password is correct as it works on all my other devices and I copied it directly from my router app. This is really frustrating as I am not a newbie and usually tech stuff comes naturally. 

thanks for any help you can offer. 

Options
2023-03-03 02:54:01

Hi  @PaulC27 

To look into it further and better assist with the case, I may need to escalate your case to the engineers, please check your email inbox TKID230304509 and help collect some information, thank you!

Feel free to let the community know how it goes later~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 3

Related Articles