Exporting energy consumption data from Kasa smart plugs - python script

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-04 21:43:35
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I've seen a few threads about how you can't export energy consumption data from the Kasa app.

Until TP Link decides to add this feature I've written this python script which can export the data from the switch to a CSV file for a given date range:

https://gist.github.com/liam-russell/a76a1c40427968dad41455ed8644f84e

It does require a little bit of IT knowledge, as you need to install Python, edit the date range in the file and run the script.

The advantage of this over other solutions is that you don't need to keep software constantly running on a phone or computer.

The CSV file can be imported into Google Sheets or Excel.

I hope this helps someone!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Exporting energy consumption data from Kasa smart plugs - python script
2023-04-12 10:41:34

@LiamR 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your report!
Currently, the Kasa app does not have the feature to export energy consumption data, but we have confirmed with the dev team that there is a plan to add this feature to the Kasa devices with an energy monitor feature, but currently no estimated time for when the feature will be available. Please pay attention to the firmware release notes on the Kasa app or official website for the Kasa devices, and the related information will be added to the notes if this feature is available.

One more important note, we understand that you want to provide a guide and help others who have the same inquiry, however, we do also consider this may have a network issue or installation problems, and TP-Link will not be able to help those users who use this Python script. So we suggest waiting for the new feature to release.

Best Regards

Options