Strange Control of themperature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-17 17:03:56
Model: KE100 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.1.0

Hello all,

I have the KE100 for 1.5 weeks now and the temperature control is behaving very strangely.
The heating is activated well above the set temperature and this with a relatively large opening degree so that the heating becomes very warm. This means that after the KE100 closes the valve, the room heats up even more because the heating is very warm.

Here are a few photos of the temperature curve. The curve shows in many places that the heating is switched off although it is switched on.

Does anyone have the same problems or is there a solution? Unfortunately, the current behavior is not at all what I had imagined for a smart thermostat and in this way no energy is saved...
So I will send the product back if there is no simple solution.

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Strange Control of themperature
2023-04-18 10:16:34

@ABCD_1234 

Hi, 
In this case, sorry for the trouble.

Please go to the Kasa app>click on the KE100>click on the Settings icon at the top right corner>click on Calibration>tap Calibrate button to determine the Open and Closed positions again, and then check if the KE100 will work fine.
And please turn off the KE100 for 30 mins or one hour, and then check if the temperature of the hot water pipe close to the KE100 is still very hot.
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-18 11:11:53

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for the reply. 

I did the calibration after installing the KE100 and after a few days I repeated the calibration but there is still the problem. 

When I press the "off" button in the app the valve changes to close and the heater gets cold. So the valve opens and closes correctly. 

Options
2023-04-19 05:38:57

@ABCD_1234 

Hi,
Thank you for the info. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 3

Related Articles