Activity/Intrusion zones not syncing across devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-21 15:25:55
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi, 

I just set up activity zones and intrusion zones on my phone for away mode specifically. 

But when I try to open the away mode settings in my iPad or another device, it shows the default zones.

Do the activity zones not sync across devices or are not read up from the camera? 

I'm afraid if I put the away mode on a different device on which the zones were not set up, it'll put them in the default zones. 

Is my understanding of the away mode and zones correct? 

P.S. All of my cameras are C320WS

Options
3 Reply
Re:Activity/Intrusion zones not syncing across devices
2023-04-23 08:55:23

@NSaraf 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Tapo device's settings and status can synchronize on different mobile devices when logging in with the same TP-Link account. (Internet access required.)

For this issue, here are some tips that may help.

1. Confirm if the cameras are configured under the same TP-Link account

2. Check you have the same TP-Link admin account logged in on all mobile devices.

3. Check the internet access of the cameras, ensure they can be viewed and managed remotely. 

4. Enable the away mode after the configuration, ensuring the settings are taking effect.

5. Check if you have different settings on the Home Mode.

6. Check if the Tapo APP and the camera firmware are both updated. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-11 08:11:17

@Wayne-TP 

I think you misunderstood what I am asking for. 

Activity/intrusion zones are part of the motion detection setting. The setting itself gets synced across the devices but the bounding boxes for the motion detection / area intrusion are reset everytime you open them on a different device. 

Options
2023-08-16 03:03:55

@NSaraf 

Thank you for your clarification. Camera Home/Away mode settings don't sync across mobile devices indeed. This feedback has been submitted to the R&D team and they will conduct further evaluation. 

You may also start a new thread under Feature Request block, this helps our team to better understand the needs of camera users. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 301

Replies: 3

Related Articles