Tapo C225 - shared camera can be controlled on invitees iPhone.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-07 20:41:24
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.01.17

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a new Tap C225 camera from Amazon, and shared it with two of my family members. When I went to share the camera, a pop up in the Tapo app says:

Invitees have limited permissions, such as watching the live view or previous recordings. They cannot call, talk, control the camera, or modify settings".

This is fine. One of my invitees has an Samsung Android like me, and true to this above statement, that person cannot call, talk, control or modify settings, those options are greyed out on his phone.

However, the other invitee has an iPhone 14, and she can call, talk, control the camera, but not modify settings. These options are not greyed out on her iPhone. I have tested it on her phone, she can move the camera. I do not want that enabled.

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something? 

Any help is most welcome.

Thank you!

Danny. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 - shared camera can be controlled on invitees iPhone.
2023-05-08 09:45:10

@Danny_SP 

Hi Danny, 
The latest Tapo app on the Android/iOS phone allows the invitees to call, talk and control the camera, but not modify settings. You see the limitations on the Android phone may be because the Tapo app is not the latest one.
Currently, there is no option to disable the call/talk/control permissions on the app, but I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate, however, we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-08 10:55:06

Hi Solla-topee!

Thank you for your reply, it's much appreciated. Your explanation is clear and I understand that I need to update the Tapo app on the Android phone. I think the Tapo software needs to be updated to change the wording of the pop-up message when sharing a camera, as this is what caused my confusion, as the wording says that invitees will not be able to talk, control etc.

So yes, please log this as a request for a future update of the software to be able to disable access for invitees to control the camera. Ideally, please also consider an option to disable invitees from hearing audio also.

Thank you for your time and help. 

Regards,

Danny. 

Options
2023-05-11 10:11:51

@Danny_SP 

Hi Danny, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request. 
And I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 3

Related Articles