Reassign smart plug to a different wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 20:28:09 - last edited 2023-05-30 13:59:07
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I'm moving one of my Kasa Smart Plugs to a different wifi and need to know how to reassign wifi addresses in these devices.

I have a fairly long and time-consuming-to-reenter list of schedules and so it's not really acceptable to have to zero out everything and restore to factory settings first.

How can I do the reassignment without losing everything I have done?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Reassign smart plug to a different wifi-Solution
2023-05-09 08:55:05 - last edited 2023-05-30 13:59:07

@epnh 

Hi,
In this case, if it's possible to change the new Wi-Fi network to the same name, password, and security type as the old Wi-Fi, you can have a try, and then reboot the EP10 and check if it will reconnect to the new Wi-Fi network.

Otherwise, you can press the on/off button on the EP10 for 5s to reset the Wi-Fi connection, and when it has a blinking orange&blue light, try to reconfigure the smart plug, and connect it to the new Wi-Fi network without changing other settings.
Note: if you press the on/off button for 10s, the EP10 will restore to factory default settings.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Reassign smart plug to a different wifi-Solution
2023-05-09 08:55:05 - last edited 2023-05-30 13:59:07

@epnh 

Hi,
In this case, if it's possible to change the new Wi-Fi network to the same name, password, and security type as the old Wi-Fi, you can have a try, and then reboot the EP10 and check if it will reconnect to the new Wi-Fi network.

Otherwise, you can press the on/off button on the EP10 for 5s to reset the Wi-Fi connection, and when it has a blinking orange&blue light, try to reconfigure the smart plug, and connect it to the new Wi-Fi network without changing other settings.
Note: if you press the on/off button for 10s, the EP10 will restore to factory default settings.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 257

Replies: 1

Related Articles