how to see video from camera when internet is not available?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-19 03:48:39
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

My Tapo C100 camera is pointing at my front door. I can see who is at the door using TP_Link Tapo App on my phone. I am on Roger's cable internet. When Rogers is down, the Tapo app will show can not reach device error and I cannot see the video from the camera. My phone and the C100  are on my home network. They have their own local IP address and should be able to talk to each other locally.   I was wondering if there is still a way for me to see the video from the camera when Roger's is down.

Options
1 Reply
Re:how to see video from camera when internet is not available?
2023-05-22 07:31:42

@hw_user 

Hi,
You can try to turn off the mobile data on your phone, turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone and turn it back on and then reconnect to the Rogers' Wi-Fi, and then kill the Tapo app and reopen it, then check if you can see the C100 on the Tapo app.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Check the LED status on the Tapo C100, is it solid amber?
2. Check the IP address of the C100 and the phone, and please send them to us.
3. Confirm if you can ping the C100's IP address on your phone.
4. Try to reboot the Rogers router and check if the phone can access the C100 locally.

Best Regards

Options