Tapo C320WS randomly disconnecting while using rtsp stream

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 12:53:48 - last edited 2023-05-22 12:55:10
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello,

I have 2 Tapo C320WS connected to a NVR through RTSP protocol

There is one camera that from time to time (4-5 times by day) goes out of network for 1-2 minutes each time.

The strange thing is that if while not reachable through NVR I use Tapo App, it streams correcrtly.

I thought it was due to SD inside to record events only, but I disabled it and it didn't change anything.
As it's the only one connected to an extender, I tried to change it with the other and it still happens to that one only, not the one using his Wifi connection

Any clue?
Is it pssible to still have SD record of even and RSTP 24hr/7dayd stream active, right?

I don't have Tapo Care active.

I bought other 2 cameras, but before installing them I would need to be sure about stability with NVR. Otherwise I will return them back in 2 weeks

Thanks
Marco

Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS randomly disconnecting while using rtsp stream
2023-05-23 08:46:26

@MarcoMod 

Hi Marco,
For the problematic Tapo C320WS, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. When the issue happens, what error message is displayed on the NVR? How about the LED status on the Tapo C320WS? Usually, if you can stream the camera via the Tapo app and the LED on the camera is solid green means the camera is working fine.

2. Can you ping the camera's IP address on the NVR successfully when the issue is occurring? 

3. Please help check the model number of the NVR and describe the network diagram. For example, internet--router--NVR, and range extender)))Tapo camera, etc.

4. Please disconnect the working Tapo C320CS from the NVR if possible, and then check if the other Tapo C320WS will be stable on the NVR.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-23 09:12:21 - last edited 2023-05-23 09:14:33

Hello  @Solla-topee ,

so, the disconnection is happening for 10-20 seconds max, and the NVR simply fires the alarm of connection lost.
I tried to ping it from the NVR, but the time I connect, connection is back, so difficult to measure.

The fact is that from the App it works, looks a kind of issue with RTSP stream.

The NVR model I can't retrieve it, but it's one compatible with VMS app XMEYE App. Should be USA-1008F5/16F5

It's strange that I have 2 Tapo cameras C320WS and despite I change them position, it's always the same to get disconnected.

NVR Diagram: Internet -> Router -> NVR. The NVR has not accessed through Internet, but only in LAN.

Camera 1 diagram: Internet -> Router -> Wifi 2.4 ->  Camera

Camera 2 diagram: Internet -> Router -> Wifi 2.4 -> Exender RE330 -> Wifi-ext 2.4 -> Camera

It's always camera 2 failing, despite I change the position, so I am excluding network issue

Thanks
Marco

Options
2023-05-23 12:37:22

@MarcoMod 

Hi Marco, 
1. Please try to disconnect the problematic C320WS from the NVR, press and hold on the reset button for 10s to reset it to factory default settings, and then reconfigure it and reconnect it to the NVR, then check if it will work fine.

2. If the problem remains, can you try to disconnect the working Tapo C320CS from the NVR, and then check if the other Tapo C320WS will be stable on the NVR?

By the way, for your previous question "Is it possible to still have SD record of even and RSTP 24hr/7dayd stream active", if you haven't subscribed to the Tapo Care service, the SD record and RTSP stream can be active at the same time.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-24 09:33:07

Solla-topee wrote

@MarcoMod 

Hi Marco, 
1. Please try to disconnect the problematic C320WS from the NVR, press and hold on the reset button for 10s to reset it to factory default settings, and then reconfigure it and reconnect it to the NVR, then check if it will work fine.

2. If the problem remains, can you try to disconnect the working Tapo C320CS from the NVR, and then check if the other Tapo C320WS will be stable on the NVR?

By the way, for your previous question "Is it possible to still have SD record of even and RSTP 24hr/7dayd stream active", if you haven't subscribed to the Tapo Care service, the SD record and RTSP stream can be active at the same time.

Best Regards

Hello,

I made the test using the reset button and it didn't change the result.

The other camera is off due to some work into that area since yesterday afternoon, and last night camera has been disconnected from NVR for 20 minutes around 3AM. I checked the SD and registration were there, so looks only RTSP issue.

I found another think... I am using also an extender D-LINK with same network name, so could be that it's connected to it. Would it be possible to have a TP-LINK extender (for 300Mbps is enough smiley) as could be a kind of incompatibility between the camera and the extender? Without a 2nd extender I could not reach that location
Thanks 

Options
2023-05-25 09:28:44

@MarcoMod 

Hi,
The network diagram you sent before shows the problematic camera is connected to the extender RE330. If you mean the camera may not connect to the RE330 but connect to a D-Link range extender, you can turn off the D-Link extender and ensure the camera is connected to the RE330 for a try.

If the problem remains, please refer to the link below to get the log of the camera for further analysis.
How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Once you get the log of the camera, please send it to us via support.forum@tp-link.com with the title '[Forum ID 609804] Tapo C320WS randomly disconnecting while using rtsp stream'.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-25 12:24:15

@Solla-topee Thanks!

I will do some test, with and without the D-Link extender. For Diagnostic logs, is there a way to retrieve them without opening the camera? Thanks!

Options
2023-05-26 10:40:46

@MarcoMod 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt.
Currently, there is no way to download the camera log file from the SD card directly when it's inserted into the camera.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 7

Related Articles