Disable notifications when home
Disable notifications when home
2023-05-28 17:03:42 - last edited 2023-05-28 17:18:25
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

Hello

on my iPhone (iOS 16.4.1),

how can I disable notifications for all my cameras when I'm home?

I would like to keep the event triggers (I.e motion detection etc'), recordings and all other functionalities active, just don't want to receive the push notifications for them when I'm home.

So enabling Privacy mode is not a suitable solution.

Thank you 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Disable notifications when home
2023-05-29 11:14:14

@Ziv1 

Hi,
On the Tapo app>Me>Notification page, you can tap 'Do Not Disturb' to enable it and set the time and repeat the day that you do not want to receive the notifications.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-29 11:18:31

@Solla-topee 

thank you for the reply.

is there a way to create a shortcut or automation that will 'Enable/Disable' the Do Not disturb with a single click?

Options
2023-05-29 12:39:44

@Ziv1 

Hi, 
The Tapo device/app does not have this feature now.
Best Regards

Options
2023-08-14 00:25:01

@Solla-topee I can't understand why this simple automation was not thinked by the developer. It's simple, if I buy all the smart devices from TAPO for my security home, the classic gesture to arm/disarm alarms are represented by the NOTIFICATION. I bought all your device hoping that the smart button was able to activate and disarm the notification when I'm home and leaving home. instead now tediously I have to enter each device to activate and deactivate the notifications. Hoping that this simple programming could soon added to the automation. 

Options
2023-08-14 11:13:51

@hagemo92 @Ziv1 

Hi,
For the Tapo Cameras, we have the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app>Camera tab that may meet your requirement.
The Away mode and the Home mode are two different sets of Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings for Tapo cameras. You can tap the button on the Tapo app>Cameras page to quickly apply the preset settings to the cameras when you are home or away.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-24 17:36:13 - last edited 2023-11-24 20:33:45

@Solla-topee 

I have the same problem, please add a functionality so that I can turn off notifications, e.g. from motion sensors, with one button!

It is important that I can quickly turn off notifications directly on the sensor, and not in the TPlink ID account settings

It would be possible to at least add an additional button to disable notifications on the sensor icon in the Tapo application

Options
2023-11-25 11:46:08

@pawelb 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-01 01:58:23 - last edited 2023-12-01 02:01:52

*Sigh, this site deleted most of my comment after I wrote it, so here's a shorter version*

Being able to trigger Home/Away mode as an action would be a good first step, and easier since those actions already exist manually.

Before being able to buy into this system fully, there needs to be some way to enable/disable notifications through Actions. Ideally changing Detection and Alarm settings as well, but Notifications is the most important.

Options
2023-12-28 00:32:58

@Its-a-me looks like they finally added something that helps.  I just picked up these cameras and they have a shortcut in app for "arrive home" that turns on privacy mode for all cameras.     Of course that stops all recording,  would be nice for a location aware setting that keeps recording but silences notigivations  

Options
2024-02-11 13:34:25

@Ziv1 Not being able to deactivate automatically notifications for any sensor (not being a camera) with the "at home" button, but you have to do this manually (by entering in your profile and activate the do not disturb feature) is a mayor design fault of your application and software design. I hope you get this solved ... 

Options