Tapo Routine Actions / Shortcuts only Show Privacy Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-08 20:58:02

I have 6 cameras running in my home and I'm trying to create a shortcut/widget on my ios, that will help me trigger Home/Away modes. 

but for some reason all the triggers I can see for all the actions is Enable or Disable Privacy modes for the cameras, nothing else

(Attached)

how can I create a widget on my iphone to toggle Home and Away modes?

File:
IMG_0430.pngDownload
Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo Routine Actions / Shortcuts only Show Privacy Mode
2023-06-09 08:54:39 - last edited 2023-06-09 08:54:53

@sd12 

Hi,
The Tapo app doesn't support the feature to use a widget to toggle Home and Away modes at present. For your feedback, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Best Regards!

Options
2023-09-08 08:49:54

@Solla-topee 

Is it possible to create a routine/shortcut/automation that allows me to better manage the "home/away" functionality?
I would like, when I leave home, to set the cameras to:
- disable privacy
- activate movement detection
- activate alarm (and notification) in case of movements.
When I get home, the opposite.
Thank you
Options
2023-09-08 12:32:03

@ClaudioGC 

Hi,
From your description, the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app 3.0 can meet your usage scenario. For example, you can go to the Away mode to set your camera settings to:
- Disable privacy mode
- Enable motion detection feature
- Enable alarm (and notification) in case of movements.
And you can tap the Away mode card to apply the settings for your cameras when you leave home on the Tapo app.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera?

We are releasing the Tapo app 3.0, please pay attention to the update on the Google Play or App Store, and update to the latest app version when it's available on your phone.

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-19 09:00:01

@sd12 

Is it possible to have another button in the Cameras menu besides Home Mode and Away Mode?

Thanks !

Options
2023-09-20 09:25:26

@ClaudioGC 

Hi,

It's unable to add another mode like the Home/Away modes on the Tapo app>>Cameras menu.

You can describe the detailed usage scenario for the new feature, and I'll record it and forward it to the related team to evaluate. 

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-21 09:46:40

@Solla-topee 

The use of the new button would be used to be able to leave pets at home.
So you can select:
- privacy off
- motion detection on
- ALARM (AND NOTIFICATION) OFF
The difference with the "away from home" mode would be precisely to avoid alarms and notifications to prevent the movement of pets from being reported.
In the absence of this button I am forced to activate the "away from home" mode and then go to the settings of each camera to disable the alarms and notifications.
Thanks for the attention.
Options
2023-09-22 09:46:22

@ClaudioGC 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback and explanation, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate. 
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 7

Related Articles