Difficulty in connecting remotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-15 21:30:26
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.3

Good day, I wonder if anybody may be able to assist. I have 12 cameras, using C320WS, C420 and C100. They work flawlessly from home, no issues at all, however very often when I am remote they all (often not all but most) show offline. This is regardless of whether I am using mobile data or hotel WiFi so doesn't seem to be a signal issue.

as an example, Right now I am home with perfect usage but my wife is away and cannot access them. 

thanks in advance

Gavin

Options
3 Reply
Re:Difficulty in connecting remotely
2023-06-16 08:22:47

@GavinOli 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for further analysis if the camera shows offline remotely.
1. Do all the cameras randomly show offline remotely, or does the specific camera show offline remotely?
2. If you wait for a while on the Tapo app>Cameras page, pull down the page to refresh the camera's status, will they show online?
3. What's the model number of the wireless router? Do you have some settings, such as access control, on the router that may block the camera connects to the internet and can't be viewed remotely?
4. You can try to change the DNS server(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) on the router and then check if it will solve the problem.
5. Please ensure the firmware of the camera is up to date. If not, update the firmware for a try.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-19 11:37:09

@Solla-topee 

1. So far it has been somewhat random, but I have noticed one thing recently. The C420s that work via the hubs (I have 4) all seem to work ok from remote. I'm guessing this is linked to the fact that they are using wired LAN ports

2. no this does not help at all

3. wireless router is a Huawei B618s-22d, but it connects to a 1GB switch which in turn feeds 3 x WAP (ubiquity POE)

4. I will have to dig into this a bit and revert. It's not within my skillset to get this info quickly

5. yes I have checked firmware for all cameras and confirm that are up to date

Options
2023-06-21 09:42:57

@GavinOli 

Hi, 
Since the Tapo C320WS supports a wired connection, can you try to connect it to the Huawei router by an ethernet cable directly and then check if it will work fine no matter access it in the remote network or the local network?
Would you please enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone and then connect a problematic Tapo C320WS or C100 to the hotspot Wi-Fi and check if it will work fine?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 3

Related Articles