Tapo C210 is "offline" from the app but it is sending motion notification to my phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C210 is "offline" from the app but it is sending motion notification to my phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-17 00:58:58
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

Hello @Solla-topee ,

I have decided to a new thread to report a new issue.

Currently, I have 2 CCTV installed in my house. Tapo C210 and another camera from a different vendor, which we'll refer to as "E."

Everything was fine until I went for a vacation and suddenly I was not able to connect to my Tapo C210. It is showing "offline"  while the CCTV camera from vendor E continued to operate without any issues.  It's important to note that both cameras are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Curiously, upon returning home, I discovered that the Tapo C210 camera had been capturing motion and sending motion detection notifications to my phone. This observation suggests that the camera itself is operational

I have tried to restart the C210 but but unfortunately, it did not alleviate the connectivity issue.

Can I find out what is wrong this time ? You should have my mac address in my pm to you.

Best regards,

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 is "offline" from the app but it is sending motion notification to my phone
2023-06-17 01:50:43

@Solla-topee , oddly after some time at home, the Tapo app is now able to connect to the C210.

Is there a known bug for this ?

Options
Re:Tapo C210 is "offline" from the app but it is sending motion notification to my phone
2023-06-20 12:19:52

@TP-user123 

Hi,
It seems the Tapo C210 is available in the local network rather than the remote network. Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. How about the LED status on the Tapo C210? 
2. If you turn off the Wi-Fi and use mobile data on your phone, are you able to watch the camera in the Tapo app?
3. What's the model number of your wireless router? Does it have special settings, such as access control, firewall, etc.? If yes, disable them for a try.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-20 23:24:06

@Solla-topee , thanks for responsing again ! 

As far as i can recall, the LED light is red and the very moment I get home, I am surprised that the "offline" camera was tracking my motion + notification sent to my phones. 

I have tried the following

1. force start the Tapo app.

2. restart C210 camera

The above steps does not work

Note : I do not use wifi in my phone.

I do not think that my router has an issue because the other vendor 's cctv camera is working properly all this time.  ( They are sharing the same ssid )

What is really odd is that the C210 has recovered itself ( no more offline ) after some time when I got home.

Is there something that you can tracked from your server 's end ? I have previously sent you my C210 's mac address for another issue.

The offline incident starts at 15 June till 16 june.

Options
2023-06-21 10:33:16

@TP-user123 

Hi, 
It's hard to locate the problem if the camera is working fine now, in this case, you can keep monitoring the camera's performance, and please feel free to contact us if any updates.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 4

Related Articles