C210 - Did not receive IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-23 14:18:48 - last edited 2023-07-13 19:45:03
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

C210 camera was working fine, until one day it disconnected.  Tried to re-connect but nothing happened.  Removed camera from the Tapo App, and then reset camera and tried setting it up again.  Every went fine during set up until the camera said "Failed to receive an IP address" and the app eventually said "Failed to Pair", and set up stopped incomplete.

Tried the suggestions here: Help to connect C200 but that didn't work either (I realise it was for a different model, but I'm desperate).  Have tried several times now all with the same results.  Can you help please?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:C210 - Did not receive IP address-Solution
2023-07-05 10:39:21 - last edited 2023-07-13 19:45:03

@r011ingthunder 

Hi, 
If the MAC filtering is enabled, it should be the reason that the Tapo C210 can't connect to your router.
You can turn the MAC filtering option off or add the Tapo C210's MAC address to the Allowed client list and check if it will solve your problem.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-11 11:57:54 - last edited 2023-07-13 19:45:28

@r011ingthunder 

Hi,
It may be that there is large Wi-Fi interference in the environment or router, and it leads to some devices can't connect to the router. You can try to fix the wireless channel and channel width(set to 20MHz) on the router to see if it helps. Before you reconfigure the camera, please ensure the MAC filtering is turned off on the router, and you can reboot the router and make sure the changes take effect.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:C210 - Did not receive IP address
2023-06-25 11:00:11

@r011ingthunder 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the problem for further analysis.
1. Please describe your network diagram, such as internet--wireless router)))Tapo camera, etc.
What's the model number of your wireless router? Is there a range extender or AP between the camera and the router?

2. Please confirm if your router has MAC filtering, Block List, Access Control, Parental Control, etc. These settings may block a device from connecting to the Wi-Fi network and obtain an IP address.

3. If you enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, then connect a Tapo C210 to the hotspot Wi-Fi, what error message appears if you fail to configure the Tapo C210?

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-25 11:42:13

@Solla-topee 

1. Please describe your network diagram, such as internet--wireless router)))Tapo camera, etc.

Internet  -->  Wireless Router  -->  Wifi

What's the model number of your wireless router?

SHG3000

Is there a range extender or AP between the camera and the router?

No, there is no range extender at all, and the camera is about 3 metres from the router in the same room.

2. Please confirm if your router has MAC filtering,

No, I cannot find that option when I log into the router

Block List,

No, I cannot find that option when I log into the router

Access Control,

Not sure what you mean by this, other than a password, but I don't see it when I log in to the router.

Parental Control, etc. These settings may block a device from connecting to the Wi-Fi network and obtain an IP address.

Yes, but Parental Control is not enabled on the router.

3. If you enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, then connect a Tapo C210 to the hotspot Wi-Fi, what error message appears if you fail to configure the Tapo C210?

This worked, the camera set up completed and the camera now appears in the app again.  However, the camera ONLY works when the hotspot is active.  Can I fix it to work on the wifi again?

Thank you for your help.

Options
2023-06-26 10:14:12

@r011ingthunder 

Hi, 
If the Tapo C210 can connect to the hotspot Wi-Fi successfully, which means the camera is no problem. If it fails to connect to the router's Wi-Fi and can't obtain an IP address, but other devices work fine with the router, it is more likely the router has limited the Tapo C210 to connect to it.
You can double-check if the router has the Firewall or MAC filtering settings that may block the Tapo C210 from connecting, or you can contact the router support to help check if any settings on the router will cause a client to fail to connect.
Best Regards

Options
2023-07-04 17:30:56

@Solla-topee I found MAC Filtering buried in the settings on my router.  It is turned on (enabled) at the moment.  Could this be part of the problem?

Options
2023-07-05 10:39:21 - last edited 2023-07-13 19:45:03

@r011ingthunder 

Hi, 
If the MAC filtering is enabled, it should be the reason that the Tapo C210 can't connect to your router.
You can turn the MAC filtering option off or add the Tapo C210's MAC address to the Allowed client list and check if it will solve your problem.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-07 19:58:47

@Solla-topee Hi, so I disabled the MAC filtering, and the camera is still saying "Failed to receive IP address".  Is there anything else I can try?  This is a new camera, it is about 3 months old.

Options
2023-07-11 11:57:54 - last edited 2023-07-13 19:45:28

@r011ingthunder 

Hi,
It may be that there is large Wi-Fi interference in the environment or router, and it leads to some devices can't connect to the router. You can try to fix the wireless channel and channel width(set to 20MHz) on the router to see if it helps. Before you reconfigure the camera, please ensure the MAC filtering is turned off on the router, and you can reboot the router and make sure the changes take effect.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-13 19:44:41

@Solla-topee You are a living legend!!  Thank you so much!  I had turned off MAC filtering, but had not re-booted the router.  The camera is up and running again, and more importantly, we have still got the recordings of a party on the SD Card which we thought were lost forever.  Thank you SO much.

Options
2023-07-14 11:41:59

@r011ingthunder Glad to hear that you have solved the issue, and you can enjoy the services with the camera.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 9

Related Articles