Breakdown

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Breakdown

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Breakdown
Breakdown
2023-06-24 13:13:42
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.16

Hello,
We use a set of P100 sockets in Austria and France.
Since yesterday (2023-06-24) 8 out of 9 sockets located in Austria are unreachable.
These sockets are correctly connected to the network and regularly address a server named "security.iot.i.tplinknbu.com" which seems to belong to the domain "eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com".
I deduce that these sockets work normally, that the problem comes from the TP-LINK servers and is perhaps linked to the outage on "2023-06-23 08:55 PDT" (13:55 GMT).
A remote plug is useless if you have to be on site to repair or control it. What can we do to regain control from 1000km away, with a VPN that allows us to "go" to the site (telnet, ssh...)?
Kind regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Breakdown
2023-06-26 07:02:38

@Hyena 

There was no server breakdown that day as far as I know. All the devices should be disconnected if the cloud server is down, this problem may be caused by network fluctuations. 

In this case, you may try to reboot the router or let someone help you reboot the plugs manually. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-27 15:33:05

@Wayne-TP 

Hello Wayne-TP.

Thank you for your reply.

As the following screenshot shows, plugs appear as disconnected in the App even they can reach external servers correctly:.

However, the routers and repeaters have already been rebooted with no result.
I wouldn't do it again, knowing that this operation requires about two hours' work (with ~ 70 devices) and knowing that all the other equipment is working normally, for example the "EZVIZ" sockets or the "Hello" sockets:

Finally, the TP-LINK hotline replied that the ticket has been escalated:

I'll let you know what happens next,
Best regards,
Hyena

Options
2023-06-27 15:45:53

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne-TP,

Further details:

The routers have been rebooted remotely (1000 km) via VPN and the people who could help me on site would probably refuse to do so for fear of lack of competence.
Unfortunately, it's the sockets that are the last resort, they've never broken down so far, despite several power and net cuts, and shouldn't do so.
Two sockets still work, but they are not in the same country and were installed more recently.

:)
Hyena

Options