My camera won't connect to my wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-30 15:52:53
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.15.505

Hi Guys

I recently purchased my second Tapo C200 to be used as a security camera in the garage. I cannot get it to connect to my wi-fi network from the garage. I have the TP Link Deco mesh system and there is an extender in the garage that is getting 4 out of 4 bars and download speeds of 80Mb/s. I also have an inverter in the garage connected to the same wi-fi and I have never had a connection problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:My camera won't connect to my wi-fi
2023-07-03 10:43:26

@Jman1 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you fail to set up your camera.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

And please also refer to the link below to check the settings on the Deco are correct.
Cannot connect to Deco Wi-Fi

And if the problem remains, please help confirm: 
1. Please send me a screenshot of the error message that appears when configuring the camera.
2. Please let me know the troubleshooting you have done.
3. Check if the Wi-Fi name and password include special characters, such as @, &, etc. If yes, change the Wi-Fi name or password for a try.
4. Connect the camera to a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone and check if it will connect successfully.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1

Related Articles