Scheduled on/off not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 13:56:06
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 230425 Rel 142542

I set a schedule to go on at 12:00 and off at 23:59. For a couple of days it worked. Then the load was not switched off. The device shows as off in the app, although the app also shows that electricity is being consumed. The load is plainly on.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Scheduled on/off not working properly
2023-07-06 02:42:51

@mbrampton 

Did you check the appliance status yourself? It might be an APP display issue if the appliance actually turned off. If that's the case, turn to refresh device page or force close the APP and re-open it. 

Please check if you can control the plug remotely with Tapo APP? What's the version of your Tapo APP (APP ->Me ->About)?

Ensure device firmware and Tapo APP are both updated. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-06 07:02:19

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks. Yes, I can tell that the device is not switched off because it has a red led that only shows when it has power. The firmware is the latest available. The app is version 2.16.106. I am not being offered a update. Manually turning the device on or off with the app also has no effect on the load, although it does cause the Green light on the P110 to go on and off. When the P110  is showing off, the app shows that the load is consuming 3w.

Options
2023-07-13 06:48:43

@mbrampton 

How about the physical Power button?

Try to factory reset the plug and reconfigure it, see if it helps. 

How to factory reset the Tapo smart plug

How to set up Tapo smart plug

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 3

Related Articles