Open wifi camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Open wifi camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Open wifi camera
Open wifi camera
2023-07-11 09:45:11 - last edited 2023-10-15 08:28:40
Tags: #wifi
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Goodmorning,

I want to connect my camera to the wifi of my residency, it's an open wifi but once you connected to it an home page opens on your device to insert the name and password of your residency account. 

At first, the camera connects to it but obviously with no display to open and without the possibility of inserting the credentials it disconnected, and nothing appear on my phone 

Could someone help me figure out the problem?

Thank you, have a nice day

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Open wifi camera -Solution
2023-07-12 09:20:41 - last edited 2023-10-15 08:28:40

@gine 

Hi,
According to your description, the Wi-Fi or your residency is a portal Wi-Fi rather than an open Wi-Fi that does not need to enter any info to connect and use.
Please refer to Part 1>Q1.3 in the link below, and you can see the Wi-Fi encryption types the Tapo cameras support, and they don't support the portal Wi-Fi network.
General Questions about the Tapo Camera
Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Open wifi camera -Solution
2023-07-12 09:20:41 - last edited 2023-10-15 08:28:40

@gine 

Hi,
According to your description, the Wi-Fi or your residency is a portal Wi-Fi rather than an open Wi-Fi that does not need to enter any info to connect and use.
Please refer to Part 1>Q1.3 in the link below, and you can see the Wi-Fi encryption types the Tapo cameras support, and they don't support the portal Wi-Fi network.
General Questions about the Tapo Camera
Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Open wifi camera
2023-07-12 09:24:21
Okay thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 2