Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

47 Reply
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2024-08-22 06:22:26

@Solla-topee Please add the feature where we can change wifi. I just got a new router and can't believe I've to factory reset the camera

Options
2024-08-22 06:35:16

@Shell70 

Hi,
You can try to set the new router's Wi-Fi name, wireless security type, and wireless password the same as the old router and then reboot the camera, usually, the camera will reconnect to the new router's Wi-Fi.
Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Home_Cameras 

Would be great to be able to change netwerk or do a factory reset straight from the tapo app. I also have a camera high on a pole, only reachable with a ladder, so to be able to do more from a distance, would be great!

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee This scenario applies to when the cameras (in fact, all Tapo devices) are online (else, how would the settings be applied?) - the workflow would be... go into the Tapo app -> device -> network settings -> SSID -> <"change" button> -> select new SSID -> enter credentials -> restart device (if necessary) -> done.

It would also be great if there was an app-wide default SSID and an option for each device to use this default.  That way, when changing multiple devices to a new SSID, you could just change it in once place and all devices using that default would automatically pick up the change.  When dealing with tens of devices, this would save a great deal of time and effort.

Options
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2 weeks ago
Just do it already
Options
2 weeks ago
Add a feature to change the wifi network without resetting the camera!
Options
2 weeks ago
Need this feature!!
Options
2 weeks ago
imprescindible
Options
2 weeks ago

@Home_Cameras even better, allow the automatic and systematic changeover for SSID/pw for the entire ecosystem without having a need to visit each device. Some of us have a life especially if we have dozens and dozens of devices.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Home_Cameras Very strange that the Tapo cameras cant store 2 different WiFi connections and switch between what is available. This is a pretty basic requirement considering the low stability of internet connections. Simple requirement, configure 2 or more SSID's, make 1 primary, connect to 2nd based on signal strength. I have 2 WiFi connections, one is down at the moment and all my cameras are inaccessible at the moment. 

A company boasting of best devices in the market for security, and lacking in basic requirements is pretty sad.

Please prioritize this.

Options

Voters 46

+ 42 Voters

Tags

WIFI SSID Reset