Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

Votes

47 Reply
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2024-07-26 10:02:50

@Solla-topee 

This doesn't seem too difficult a feature to provide for your Tapo devices - when can we all expect to see this update?

Options
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2024-07-27 06:51:38 - last edited 2024-07-27 06:52:28

this needs to happen. i ran into this today. i have a camera that i take around for babysitting and i have to reset it every single time? come on, what the heck. this is so simple.

Options
2024-07-29 13:14:54
Options
2024-07-30 06:29:48

@Home_Cameras this would be awesome. I wouldn't have to physically reset cameras to change WiFi. It's like the feature is halfway there. As we can communicate with the camera and can skip the step of connecting to the camera as an AP. 

Options
2024-07-31 19:54:40
Change wifi without reset is a huge deal IMO
Options
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras-Solution
2024-08-01 12:07:22 - last edited 2024-08-01 12:07:31

Hi All,
Thank you for your feedback. Regarding the requested feature, please provide more details on the specific usage scenario, for example, the camera is in an online or offline state when switching the camera's WiFi,  to help us better evaluate and improve this feature.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll keep logging the feature request and pass it along to the relevant team for evaluation.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-01 20:30:23

@Home_Cameras Please add this feature!!!  I have to move wifi camers all the time and need to change SSID without having to reset the camera every time..

Options
2024-08-01 20:43:43

@Solla-topee 

Hi guys, thank you for answering. Ill try to give more details.

As several of the users have already written, it often happens that the camera is transferred or the WIFI settings change and it is not possible to use the same SSID all the time. If the camera is on, it would be ideal to be able to connect to the camera and change the WIFI that the camera connects through. I think this should be one of the essential features of your camera app, as this option is offered by other manufacturers and not just the "professional" ones. 

I hope this is not just an empty statement that you will pursue this feature.

Thanks!

Options
2024-08-02 03:26:52
Hi @Solla-topee "Regarding the requested feature, please provide more details on the specific usage scenario, for example, the camera is in an online or offline state when switching the camera's WiFi, to help us better evaluate and improve this feature." I install a new home router with a new SSID. I would like to switch all my cameras from old SSID to new SSID without needing to hard reset every camera. Since I can still talk to the cameras on the local WiFi network it would be nice to change to new SSID without having to hard reset and place each camera into AP mode first. Basically go through the last part of the setup. Thank you.
Options
2024-08-02 06:50:20

@Solla-topee 

1. When I change my SSID around or optimize then I have to hard reset every device.

2. When I take my camera to the babysitter or hotel, I have to hard reset the device to connect it to a temporary network.

This is a joke honestly. Add this feature in. It's one of the biggest pain points of your camera line. Most of us don't keep the camera in one place, we use it and take it around outside our home. This really limits us. Other camera companies you compete with have these features already in the production environment, why can't tp-link?

Options

Voters 46

+ 42 Voters

Tags

WIFI SSID Reset